Angela Boardman is a highly accomplished technology leader with Agile project delivery expertise, Agile Coaching as part of an enterprise transformation, and an extensive development background.
• Agile Lead/Coach with Distributed Team Management – Extensive experience working remotely and effectively running projects with team members distributed across multiple time zones. Successful facilitation of Agile/SCRUM practices & ceremonies and fostering team cohesion. High-performing teams consistently deliver product releases resulting in customer delight.
• Facilitator with outstanding ability to collaborate with executives, unit leaders, and both technical and non-technical teams. Strong team building and leadership skills.
• Effectively works with teams to identify and remove impediments allowing the team to focus on successful Sprint delivery.
• Agile change agent - training expertise, conduct workshops, SAFe SPC certified to train aspiring SAFe Agilists and Practitioners.
• Excellent communication skills with technical, non-technical, and C-level audiences.
• Team building and leadership skills, striving to help individuals and teams realize and reach their potential.
• Champion to encourage implementation of DevOps practices (automate, automate, automate!) into software development processes. Tools/Processes: Jenkins/Hudson; LiquiBase; Vagrant; custom shell scripts.
• 15+ year development background provides the ability to understand and knowledgeably participate in design sessions, technical discussions, code reviews, technical issues, etc.
YRC Freight (client engagement), Enterprise Agile Coach
December 2015 - Present, Overland Park, Kansas, US
Responsibilities are a combination of helping to stand up a new Supportive (vs directive) PMO, as well as team coaching both application development and infrastructure/architecture teams.
o Work with Executive IT Leadership to target where Agile/LEAN processes can be applied, then work with select team members on how to best integrate those practices.
o Create and deliver training – Agile End-To-End, Scrum Master Bootcamp, Product Owner Training, JIRA User training
o Identify process/cultural/mindset challenges to a successful Agile Transformation and bring awareness and recommendations to the executive team.
o Introduce all aspects of Agile/SCRUM to traditional IT development teams
o Introduce Agile/Kanban to Infrastructure/Architechture teams
o New concepts/activities practiced include: visioning, scaled release planning, relative sizing, daily stand-ups, sprinting, time-boxed development, dependency identification and resolution, demos, and retrospectives.
o Coaching provided through a combination of classroom training, modeling and mentoring on projects-in-progress, and additional just-in-time training on topics as needed.
o Learning is encouraged by asking power questions versus giving the answers.
o Serve teams in the best way possible to see their entry into Agile is a successful and positive experience, many of whom are reluctant to change.