June 2004 - Present, Newark, DE, United States
Client: ASTRAZENECA, Wilmington, DE
Build a SOA Factory in R&D with consistent processes and core resources, ensuring functions provide optimal value to consumers.
· Manage the demand and prioritization process for the SOA portfolio of projects by interacting with the business and technology stakeholders. Create RFP and SOW for engaging vendors. Interact with delivery partners to choose best quote for the SOW at hand. Manage Budgets and Resource Allocations for the portfolio.
· Work with off-shore and on-shore resources of vendors like Cognizant and Oracle to get the SOA portfolio delivered on time and within budget. The team size handled was 20 including the internal and external members.
· Ensure that the staged-gate SOA governance process is followed. Design and implement a service strategy for post-development support.
· Ensure that consumers and stakeholders have a catalog of services available with information on how to use them. Act as a point of escalation for stakeholders and development teams. Use tools such as Wiki, SharePoint 2010, JIRA Green Hopper, MS Project Server 2010 and Clarity for planning and providing visibility into the SOA portfolio status and documentation. Setup a PMO to provide support to project managers. Used Scrum on some of the projects.
· Confirm that developers and architects are trained on new SOA standards and tools like JAX-WS, JAX-RS, OSB, BPEL, BRE, etc. and are providing consumer examples in Java and .NET languages and on platforms like Weblogic, IIS, and SharePoint. Ensure that teams migrate services to newer and better versions supporting SOA Suite.
· Certify that proper change management and release management procedures are followed. Review and approve the architecture documents and artifacts as part of the governance process. Use SOA Software for Life cycle, policy and service governance.
· Typical projects include: Compound Management Services, Container Management Services, Organization Services, Study Services, Security Services, Pre clinical and Clinical Study and Study Data Services, Experiment Write-up Services, Molecular Target Services and more. The SOA Team also worked on Integrating internal and external applications through Web Services( Example BioELN, FIPNet)
ICR inc, Sr Consultant
June 1998 - April 2004, Newark, DE, United States
ICR Inc., Milltown, NJ June 1998 - April 2004
Client: MBNA AMERICA, Newark, DE
(Senior Developer) (Jan. 1999 – April 2004)
Worked on mission critical projects including:
• CRM and SSE: Developed 24/7 web-based system for customer representatives; designed attendant disaster recovery solution.
• MBNA.com: Enhanced account summary of www.mbnanetaccess.com to support hyperlinks using JSP/Servlets.
• Smart Marketing: Designed and Implemented B2B Internet project using J2EE; streamlined processes, improved communication between MBNA and service providers for SMART Marketing campaign.
• Letter Viewing and Imaging Systems: Developed C++ Tuxedo services for app to send letters to customers.
• Technical Environment: SunOne 7.0, TogetherJ, Iplanet 6.5, JSP, Servlets, EJB Tuxedo C++ Services, Jolt, DB2, DB2Connect, Rational Rose, Webgain Enterprise Edition, Forte 3.0, Apache SOAP Axis, HP-UX 11, Sun Solaris, Apache Struts, Jprobe, Ant
Client: Tanning Technology, Denver, CO
(Senior Developer) (June 1998 – Dec. 1998)
Served as programmer/analyst using Java and C++ software implementation for E*TRADE and Maersk Shipping.
HCL HP Ltd, Asst Manager
March 1989 - March 1998, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Logistics/Area Manager / Technical Specialist
• Managed 10 electronics engineers generating profit in repair center for HP peripherals.
• Served as HP-UX, network administrator performing component-level troubleshooting of computers and peripherals.