Redbox, Program Manager
August 2010 - Present, Oakbrook Terrace, IL, United States
• Leading 2 high-performing (and high profile) development teams in an Agile/Scrum environment; migrated both teams gradually from a Waterfall to an iterative, self-governing development methodology to achieve over a 20% increase in productivity within one year.
• The Development Teams (consisting of over 30 permanent and contractor personnel, both on- and off- shore) enhance and advance the core code behind the Redbox 36,000+ kiosks.
• As the Teams’ Scrum Master, I work with the Product Owner to create the Release Backlog and to prioritize the ‘user stories’ for individual sprints.
• These 2 core teams are responsible for delivering $56M in incremental revenue and $11M in cost savings to the company in 2011.
• The role also requires that I ‘protect the team’ from anything that would deflect their commitment to delivering ‘potentially releasable code’ at the conclusion of each sprint.
Technology Utilized: Mingle, .Net, SAP CRM (in implementation), Office 2010