CGI, Senior Consultant
June 2012 - Present, Greenville, SC, United States
(@client site-Michelin NA)
• Led a cross-functional Scrum team through definition and configuration of a corporate document management solution (based on Alfresco platform)
• Provided standard Scrum artifacts as well as bridge communication tools for client
• Worked with client to mature and evolve the migration to Agile methodologies for North America
• Acted as a traditional PM on several large scale deployment projects for warehouse and factory planning and management.
• Introduced test driven development (TDD) and automated testing to the client organization
AMTdirect, Scrum Master
June 2010 - June 2012, Cornelius, North Carolina, United States
• Migrated corporation from a Waterfall software development to an Agile platform utilizing Scrum including:
o Training development teams in agile methods and approaches
o Training and mentoring Product Owners to manage product maturity cycle
o Trained executives and principles to accept appropriate stakeholder and sponsor roles
o Initiated and maintained metrics including cycle velocities, sprint and release burn downs
Virtuoso, Inc., Senior Manager
April 2008 - May 2010, Sioux Falls, SD
• Start up functions, financial management, business development and functional manager of project management consultants.
• Project Manager on multiple web development projects for .NET software engineering client.
• Project Consultant to SGT, Inc., on LPDAAC (Land Profile Digital Active Archive Center) analyzed schedule and reporting concerns, worked with internal Work Manager and government client toward an appropriate Integrated Master scheduling solution and executive dashboard tool development (total annual project value app. $5MM).
• Project Consultant to SGT, Inc., on Remote Sensing Technologies. Worked with internal and external subject matter experts to gather requirements and create a preliminary project design for a certification system for aerial cameras, photographers and image products. Subsequently authored detailed functional requirements for software development required for the project based on iterative (Agile) framework
• Project Consultant to SGT, Inc., on LDCM (Landsat Data Continuity Mission). Created and maintained detailed schedules for systems engineering, operations, and integration and test functions. This was a joint agency effort requiring interface between USGS and NASA. Also clarified scope and scope management through explicit use of a CWBS (Contract Work Breakdown Structure) relationship to the PWBS. (total annual project value app. $12MM.
Omnitech, Inc., Senior Project Manager
September 2007 - June 2009, Sioux Falls, SD, United States
• Migrated PM methodology from Waterfall to Agile through use of Scrum and Adaptive PM methods.
• Utilized product backlogs on projects to create future sales opportunities through contract product expansion.
• Led implementation of an integrated ERP solution to manage client support incidents through Microsoft CRM and detailed project tracking through Enterprise Project Manager (EPM). Subsequent requirements have extended this business critical application to integrate EPM to Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS).
• Designed and implemented PMO to leverage corporate assets and best practices against project execution while leading SDLC development teams from contract award through final client acceptance.
• Employed Value Stream Mapping techniques to document and optimize business process for individual business units. Wrote requirements and detailed project plan to achieve overall corporate objectives.
• Managed multiple client projects and teams; average of 5 to 7 projects valued from $30,000 to $100,000.
The Dakota Manufacturing Extention Partnership, Client/Project Development Manager
October 2004 - November 2006, Bismark, ND, United States
• Developed project-based consulting engagements valued at $2MM annually with manufacturing companies in the upper Midwest including: requirements definition, scope planning and budgeting.
• Performed strategic enterprise assessments to detail and optimize key business practices for manufacturers with focus on identification of strategic competencies and value-added activities within the client organization. Key clients include steel manufacturers, building products manufacturers and industrial equipment suppliers.