Ben is an expert and operator in Agile and product management who is a Certified Scrum Master, Certified Scrum Product Owner and Certified Scrum Professional responsible for defining vision, strategy and value creation models for shaping strategic product designs, managing and transforming enterprise agile product delivery.
Has more than seventeen (17) years of experience working in the technology industry and listed on multiple patents for PCI, HIPAA, cloud and IoT with blockchain technologies. A proven record of success in creating robust information technology architectures and organizational pivots with the ability to maximize productivity without sacrificing quality of offering(s).
Has written multiple publications about practical Agile, Scrum, digital transformations and product strategy at the macro and micro levels.
100% Agile engagements:
- Q2 2017 – Created and curated 3 horizon (cloud, IoT and blockchain) product and sales strategy broken down and mapped to client releases worth $54M in SOWs with 2 SOWs signed from the Q4 2016 sales strategy worth $21M totaling $22M to date (Synchronoss)
- Q1 2017 – Documented product and go to market strategy that secured $165M in budget. (AT&T)
- Q4 2016 – Created product and sales strategy that landed $26M in client signed SOWs. (Synchronoss)
- Q2 2016 – 75% uplift in customer satisfaction by increasing customer participation by 20% (McKinsey client)
- Q1 2016 - Lead product ideation and management of beta version IoT biologic treatment device worth $1.2B (McKinsey client)
- 2015 - Architected, documented and lead development of a consolidated digital SBO e-sales one-page checkout that resulted in $95M increase in revenue (AT&T, SBO e-sales)
- 2013 – 2014 – Founded and lead Agile Practice to a 51% profit uplift and $89.8M in revenue (Yoh)
- 2011 – 2012 – Increased customer satisfaction by 65% and NPS by 3 points (Prognosis)
- 2010 – 2011 – Reduced forecasted product delivery time by 25% reducing cost by $11.3M (Parago)
- Patents: Author of both provisional and full patent applications.
- 2011 - HOSTING E-COMMERCE BASED ON CLOUD COMPUTING US 61/471,666
- 2016 - A METHOD FOR SECURING DATA, DEVICES, TRANSACTIONS, AND NETWORKS. US 62/294,424
- Publications and Books:
- 2010 - Practical Scrum – (Jeff Sutherland wrote forward)
- 2012 - De-Mystifying Cloud Security – Agile Project
- 2013 - Scaling Agile with Scrum as the foundational framework
- 2014 - A Comprehensive Understanding of Vertical Slicing in Agile/Scrum Projects
- 2016 - Are Agile Coach Imposters committing a crime
- Guest Lectures:
- 2008 - University of Arizona CS Departments on different career paths in a single company
- 2012 - Texas A&M CS and EE Departments on: Practices of an Agile Developer, Public and Private Hybrid Cloud Computing and Design Patterns
- 2017 – UT Dallas - Career Consulting Strategies at UT Dallas MBA program
- Public Speaking:
- 2013 - PayPal AgileCamp - Scaling Agile with Scrum as the foundational framework
- 2013 – AT&T Iteration 0 - A Comprehensive Understanding of Vertical Slicing in Agile Projects
- 2012 – NYC PMI - De-Mystifying Cloud Security - Agile Project
- 2015 - CapitalOne – Agile consulting should focus on EBITDA and EBITDA Margin Percentage
- 2017 – UT Dallas - Career Consulting Strategies