Prasanna Hariram has over 16 years of experience in the IT industry, having executed various engagements in the areas of Project Management in both Agile and waterfall development methodologies. Having well rounded IT portfolio encompassing Testing, Software application development, Project Management, Release and Change Management, Agile Coaching and Implementation. Working as an Agile Consultant with Global Consulting Practice (GCP) at Tata Consultancy Services(TCS) Limited, Prasanna provides consultancy in Agile offerings. My Agile experiences are: - As a Developer and Scrum Master, was part of 10 member Scrum team, in a Healthcare management system(HMS) program having 10+ parallel scrum teams. Handled around 12, month long sprints. - As an Agile coach, worked with multiple clients of TCS in the Insurance and Telecom domains involved in Enterprise Agile transformations, Agile and DevOps implementations. Have been involved in both, hands on coaching of Scrum and Kanban teams and also working at the enterprise level looking at the overall adoption with metrics, maturity, tooling and other aspects to ensure a sustainable adoption of agile practices.
• DELL INTERNATIONAL SERVICES, Project Manager
September 2008 - November 2010, Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Working in the capacity of Program\Project manager for Offline Sales Order management system worked on multiple Releases. Also worked as Release manager on couple of mini-releases.
During the course of one of the Major release for Latin America region, the team transitioned to Agile Scrum methodology for the Development cycle.
Worked extensively as the Agile Coach and educated the local site team on scrum, backlog, story point estimation, etc. Successfully ran 13 back to back Dev sprints (2 week sprints), going through all the steps of Plan, Execute, Review and retrospect.
• SIEMENS INFORMATION SYSTEM LTD, Project Manager
December 2000 - August 2008, Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Worked in multiple Roles during my tenure with Siemens
- Started as Functional Tester of Medical Imaging Software, working on Functional and Integration testing. Also worked on test automation using Rational Visual Test.
- Moved on to role of Software developer, working on VB, C++ and SQL technologies on a Hospital Management system.
- Worked as a Project Lead and also as a Scrum master of global cross-functional Scrum teams of 10-15 people, comprising of software designers, developers, testers and product analysts, I have handled around 20(month long) sprints, comprising of both Feature Development and Support Sprints during this period.
NETKRAFT PVT. LTD, Test Engineer
April 2000 - November 2000, Bangalore, Karnataka, India
First Job after college. I worked as Test Engineer and was involved in testing of various Web Applications. Worked on testing internet portals and photographic web applications.
Designing and execution of functional test cases
Preparation of performance test plan and execution of Load and Stress testing using the tool Webload.
Articles I've written
Agile and Managed Services
Hand-offs between multiple stakeholders is becoming a challenge for managed services in Agile. The application of Agile practices and principles have become subjective, and teams interpret and implement as per convenience, tending to move toward Waterfall. . . .