PR Newswire, Director, Digital Development
September 2014 - Present, Jersey City, NJ, US
• Provide hands on leadership for designing and implementing critical components of our digital strategy to create integrated and optimal online experiences.
• Play a key role in understanding the analytics, web development, social media offerings in an integrated model in alignment with our company’s digital strategy and core business goals.
• Partner with business and technology leads to drive the appropriate tools used to meet the business demand. This position requires providing thought leadership, keeping up with industry trends, disseminating information to co-workers.
ADP - Automatic Data Processing, Senior Director, Application Development
August 2012 - September 2014, Florham Park, NJ
Lead a team of 20+ onshore and offshore developers in designing, coding and maintaining the technology platforms for a major 401(k) record-keeper including client-facing web, and internal intranet and laptop applications used in all aspects of operations, client services and sales
• Plan and manage complex projects involving technical and business associates in the Retirement Services Operations, Client Services, Marketing, New Business, Fund Management, Product Planning, QA/UAT and Sales.
• Lead and participate in architectural technology designs considering usability, scalability, security and ongoing supportability of software components.
• Work with business and systems analysts to ensure that projects are correctly defined and that technical designs will fulfill the desired functional requirements.
• Determine the proper project management techniques to be used in different situations to achieve the most efficient path to delivery.
• Manage the careers of onshore and offshore associates, ensuring the proper training and career development opportunities are made available as necessary.
• Work with other ADP constituencies in Shared Products, ES Security, Hosting and Systems Engineering to ensure compliance with ADP policies.
• Participate in Architecture Review Board meetings and present designs to the ARB as required.
AP - Associated Press,
March 2010 - August 2012, Cranbury, NJ
Manages all aspects of delivery for Portals, Mobile, and Distribution teams comprised of managers, architects, and developers in geographically diverse locations, using .Net, SQL Server, web services, and mobile technologies with a budget of $5M. Scope includes B2B portals - AP Images, Archive, Exchange, Hosted, and Custom News; AP Mobile applications on all platforms; and distribution systems including AP API and WebFeeds. Responsible for all phases of the software development lifecycle.
• Established company’s first Mobile Development department, responsible for developing and maintaining AP Mobile applications on iOS, Android, Blackberry, Windows Phone, Nokia, Meego, HTML5, etc.
• Architected, built and launched many new products for the AP, including
o The flagship corporate website www.ap.org, using the new brand, style, eBuisness and Marketing platform - http://bit.ly/IYxOs3
o The new College Football Hub – the home for the AP Top 25 Poll, integrating AP editorial news, social media including Facebook, Twitter, STATS sports data, all targeting consumers - http://bit.ly/a7DHwm
o The new iCircular Mobile application, www.icircular.com, on iOS and HTML5, delivering newspaper inserts on your mobile phone through retailer and newspaper partner applications - http://bit.ly/J5XEGF
o The new AP Content API, developer.ap.org, allows customers to find and download AP content using their own editorial tools and interfaces - http://bit.ly/Jo3Jxm
o The new AP Video Hub www.apvideohub.com, a platform delivering broadcast-quality video news for online publishers - http://bit.ly/JLIXKo
o The new B2B2C Widget platform, including construction and deployment - http://bit.ly/pzjvN5
• Evaluated and chose new Content Management System
• Directed and managed the creation of new eBusiness platform - the core set of services delivering functionality across all B2B Portal sites.
• Rolled out use of the Agile Methodology across department with dedicated resources