Steps to Renew Your CSP®
Your Certified Scrum Professsional Certification (CSP-SM™, CSP-PO™, CSP) renewal is a three-step process:
- Enter your 40 required SEUs at any time before you apply or during the application process.
- Complete your CSP-SM, CSP-PO, or CSP renewal application by verifying your profile information and attaching your SEUs
- Submit the completed application, pay the $250 certification renewal fee and accept your CSP license. Your CSM®, A-CSM™, CSPO®, A-CSPO™, and/or CSD® certifications will be renewed at this time, if applicable.
1. Entering SEUs:
For a smooth renewal, consider entering your required SEUs before you start the application process.
In order to renew your CSP certification, you must submit a minimum of 40 SEUs. You can find more details on our page Renew your CSP with SEUs
. There are no category limits, and you may list over 40 SEUs in any category. Only 40 SEUs will be counted for the current renewal period. SEUs listed over the 40 SEU minimum requirement cannot be carried over.
- You can start at the “Manage SEUs" link on your profile dashboard under your credentials.
- Select “Enter an Education Unit” and:
- Choose the appropriate Category
- Select the “Create New” button
- Enter the requested information on the form (all information is required)
- Hit the create button at the bottom of the form. If you have completed all information, you will be shown the completed SEU. If you have left blanks, you may see a similar error message:
- If you see an error message, correct the information and hit the “Update” button at the bottom of the form.
- At the bottom of the newly created SEU, you will see links to go to your “Education Units for <Your Name>” where you can add additional SEUs and/or to go to your “CSP- Renew Certification Application" if you have completed your prerequisites.
- If you choose your application, you can attach your SEU to the CSP renewal application.
2. Completing Application:
If you are within 180 days of renewing your CSP Certification, you should now see an “Apply for CSP Renewal
” link on your dashboard under “Actions
” as illustrated below:
- Select the “Apply for CSP Renewal” link on your Dashboard:
- This will take you to the CSP-Renew Prerequisites Information page. If you need to provide an update to your profile information, you will be prompted to “Proceed to your profile to make the above changes” at the bottom of the form:
- When you complete the changes on your profile and SAVE them, you will be returned to this prerequisites page.
- When your prerequisites status shows all green check marks, then you will see a new link to “Agree and Submit” as below:
- When you select “Agree and Submit”, you will now be taken to your Certification Application for CSP-Renew.
- If you have already entered SEUs, you can attach them at the “Add/Adjust SEUs attached to this Application…” link.
- To add SEUs to your application, double click on the “My SEUs” item in the left column, and it will move to the right column and appear on your application.
- When done, select the “Update” button, and your application will be updated with the SEU.
- If you want to cancel, use the “Return to application without changes” link.
3. Submitting Application, Making Renewal Payment, Accepting License::
- When you have added at least 40 SEUs, your application will show you the “Complete CSP-Renew Application” button:
Congratulations! You have now completed your CSP Renewal. All your certifications will show on your dashboard. Your certification expiration dates should now align.
- Select this button to make your renewal payment. Follow the instructions and return to your Profile Dashboard:
- IMPORTANT! After payment, return to your dashboard and accept your CSP License. This allows your earned CSP-SM, CSP-PO, or CSP credential to appear on your profile.
For more information, please visit our Help Center.