Agile Coaching Retreat Banff 2022
Sunday, September 11, 2022 13:00 - Tuesday, September 13, 2022 16:00
The Malcolm Hotel
321 Spring Creek Drive
Canmore, AB, T1W 2G2
Early Bird Price: $650 USD
Regular Price: $725 USD (registration deadline is August 29, 2022)
Price includes Retreat registration fee, two-nights accommodation (check-in on September 11th and check-out on September 13th) and some meals during the event.
What Happens at #ACRBAN22?
The retreat will start on September 11 at 13:00 and will go until September 13 16:00.
Agile Coaching Retreats are built around the principles of Retreat, Scrum, Deep, Long, Shared Learning, Two Sleeps, and Slack. These retreats are designed in such a way that the participants determine what is most valuable for them to create together. In addition to the focused time to practice coaching skills, network, and create, there will also be a keynote speaker to provide expert insights on coaching.
Principles: The Scrum Alliance Agile Coaching Retreat is developed in alignment with the agile/Scrum values and we curate the event to guide your work and connections:
- Retreat - The event creates time and space for focused learning and growth.
- Scrum - Learning is done using an empirical framework called Scrum.
- Teams - Teams are the heart of Scrum and are a key differentiator at the retreats.
- Deep - Teams go deep into single topics, rather than covering many broad areas.
- Long - Learning, collaboration, and relationships continue long after the event.
- Shared learning - The event is designed for deep, collaborative, shared learning.
- Two sleeps - Connections are made when our brains are quiet; the two nights of sleep allow for creative idea formation.
Who Should Attend?
The Scrum Alliance Agile Coaching Retreat is for anyone interested in agile coaching or those who want to grow their coaching skills, connect with other agilists, and build something helpful for the agile community at large in the process. We invite agile coaches of all levels to attend the retreat.
Aspiring coaches will find Scrum Alliance’s Path to Coaching video series
helpful to understand what professional coaching is and gain insight into specific coaching competencies such as systems coaching, scaling, coaching leaders, and maintaining sustainable agility.
What Will I Gain From Attending?
Those on the path to becoming a Scrum Alliance Certified Agile Coach will also gain the following:
- Knowledge on how to use Open Space to build a product and learn new skills
- Networking opportunities with fellow agile coaches and practitioners
- Focused times to practice your coaching skills
- 20 Scrum Education Units (SEUs) to use toward the renewal of your certification(s)
Aspects of this retreat may also contribute to the following sections from Part 1 of the CEC or CTC applications:
- Opportunities to receive feedback from current CECs and CTCs on your coaching based on the ICF Core Competencies
- Availability to meet the CEC and CTC application reviewers about the certification and review process
- Section 1-C: Coaching Education and Mentorship
- Section 1-D: Agile Community Engagement
- Section 1-E: Coaching Tools, Techniques, and Frameworks
Invitational Agile Coaching: The Key to Sustainable Change.
Cherie Silas is a Master Certified Coach with ICF and EMCC. She is also a Scrum Alliance Certified Enterprise and Team Coach. As Director of Education and Coaching at Tandem Coaching Academy she develops programs to help agilists become strong coaches. She is the author of Enterprise Agile Coaching: Creating Sustainable Change with Invitational Agile Coaching.
When an Agile coach leaves an organization, the changes developed during their tenure should not roll backward. Compliance is somewhat easy to install and takes hold rather quickly. The challenge with that approach is that when the forcing mechanism (Agile coach) is removed, much of the compliance rolls back to the original position.
Sustainable change requires a different strategy. This talk introduces the concept of utilizing an Invitational Approach to Enterprise Agile Coaching which can be a crucial catalyst for integrating sustainable change by putting the client in the seat of responsibility.
About the Venue
Agile Coaching Retreat Banff 2022 will be held at The Malcolm Hotel
in Canmore, Alberta. Located in the Alberta Rockies, The Malcolm Hotel offers stunning mountain views in a peaceful location.
The Malcolm Hotel no longer has availability for room stays that start prior to the retreat dates of September 11-13, 2022. The hotel is still able to accommodate registrations for those who wish to extend their stay after the retreat.
The Malcolm Hotel in Canmore, Alberta is located 75 minutes from Calgary International Airport (YYC) and 25 minutes outside of Banff. There are many transportation options to get you from the airport to the hotel (and back) including:
Impressions from previous participants:
"I have had the most fantastic experience at the last Scrum Coaching Retreat...I felt nourished, inspired and energised. We coaches can feel very lonely sometimes without anyone to cheer us up. Our journey is made up of ups and downs and we need to spend time together to learn from each other, to celebrate success, and to understand that we are not alone in the journey."
- Paulo Dias, CSP®-SM, CSP®-PO, CSM®, CSPO®
“Scrum Alliance Coaching Retreats created a unique opportunity for the coaches to step away from the daily work and work together to try to work on something in a very innovative way. It is good to discuss with the community friends in a deep way to be inspired and recharged.”
- Mike Li, CSP®, CSM®, CSPO®
"Scrum [Alliance] Coaching Retreats are the agile coaching industry’s gold standard in coaching events. They are unmissable!”
- Rickard Jones, CSP®-SM, CSP®-PO, CSM®, CTC, CSD®, CSPO®