Zahid Jeelani (PMP, Six Sigma Black Belt, CSM)
Over 18 years of proven track record of excellence in world class, international, project management and business analysis in IT industry combined with strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Consistently delivered successful multi-million dollar large, complex and cross functional projects. Along with strong business analysis acumen, fully experienced with planning, management, development, and implementation of concurrent enterprise wide solutions in highly demanding and constantly changing business environments.
Exceptional hands-on experience in:
* Project/program/Portfolio Mgmt; PMO
* Offshore Technology Development
Project successfully completed;
=> British Columbia (BC) Ferries - Sr. Project Manager – Victoria, BC (Oct 2007 – Apr 2010) ;Second largest ferry company in the world with revenue over $500 million per year:
* Established PMO, Agile based PM governance model. Initiated $11 Million reservation and check in; and Fleet Deployment and Schedule projects.
=> Credential Financial Inc. - Sr. Project Manager – Vancouver, BC (Mar 2007 – Oct 2008); Canada’s largest wealth management company founded by Canadian credit union system;
* Managed Call Center processes and workflows enhancement project (CRM); Introduced Agile framework
=> TELUS Communications - Sr. Project Manager - Burnaby, Canada (July 2006 – Feb 2007); Largest Telco company in Western Canada providing wireline, wireless, and Internet services.
* Managed the reporting services project of Govt. of Ontario NAS program and SOX Compliance projects;
=> Lakson Tobacco Company: General Manager PMO – Karachi, Pakistan (Oct 2003–Jun 2006); (A Phillip Morris-USA Company) - Largest tobacco company in South Asia with revenue over $350M.
* Established PMO; introduced (PPM); Agile (Scrum) framework; Implemented SAP, SPP and MS Project Server;
=> Portal Software (Acquired by Oracle) - Program Manager – CA, USA (Apr 1999 – Oct 2003); 3rd largest telecommunication billing (with CRM) application provider;
* Managed Telco billing and CRM system implementations including migration from legacy systems, in over 20 countries in North America, Asia and Australia.
Also worked for
AT&T: - Project Manager / Business Analyst – Toronto, Canada (Feb 1998 – Apr 1999)
Prior Data Sciences - Project Manager/Business Analyst - Mississauga, Canada (Jun 1996-Feb 1998)
Largest software development and consulting company owned by SPAR Aerospace.
International Software Designs - Sr. Systems Analyst/Sr. Developer - CA, USA (Jan 1993-May 1996)
Education and Certifications
PhD Candidate -- “Strategy, Program and Project Management”, Skema Business School, France)
MS Computer Science (USA)
Universal IT PM Master Certificate, CSU