Weldon T. Young
Banking Merger/Conversion Experience Summary:
First, I have 13 years’ experience in Banking, Credit Union, and S&L Systems. I know how the industry, operations, federal regulations, and products. I can explain this business down to the transactional processing level. When acquiring a financial institution, I lead the research, planning, design, and conversion from one system or institution to another. Managed Bank/Merger ETL Conversions (9 GL applications, 8 ACH applications, 7 Treasury/DDA applications, 6 Credit Line applications, 5 Remote Item Processing Systems, 5 ATM/DDA ARP applications, 5 CD/TD/SV applications, 4 On-line Banking applications, 3 IL/ML/HE Loan applications, 1 CL Loan application, & 2 Credit Card Systems). Core Demand systems are the core of all my experience.
Finally, PM process experience covers Creation/Update Charter, Scope, WBS, Resources, Task assignment, and ends with the Project Management Plan. Manage project hours/budget, manage weekly project meetings, create meeting minutes, and manage risk, issues, and action items. Drive the project to each milestone using Project Meetings and WBS. Enter all documentation and actionable requirements required by system of record. Create and report weekly status deck for Directors meeting and Project Management Office (PMO) meeting.
• 24 yrs as Project Manager / Program Manager (PM) for Core Banking Systems (real-time & batch) and Infrastructure projects. SME in FED compliance, Risk Management, Team Building, and all Payment Systems. Expert in System Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
• 21 yrs as the PM leading Business and IT teams at the same time.
• SME in financial service covering operations, business, and IT
• 16 yrs Project Manager/Business Analyst (new development, support, conversions).
• 13 yrs in Financial Services for Installment/Mortgage/HE/Commercial Loans Servicing, Credit Cards & Lines, ACH (PEP+), Lockbox, Treasury (DDA), Banking General Ledger, Savings, Certificate of Deposits, Item Processing & Image Capture, DDA Account Reconciliation, ATM, On-Line Banking, Ecommerce, Internal Controls SOX, Dodd-Frank Act, Safe Act, Corporate Financial Reporting, Customer Service, IRA Brokerage, AR/AP & Core Banking System ETL/Conversions & Implementations.
• 13 yrs Subject Matter Expert in ACH/PEP+, & QC Testing of all NACHA transactions. Payment Systems (Lockbox, ACH (PEP+), Fed Wire, CHIPS, Web Payments, Wire Payments, ATM, item processing, & others).
• 7+ yrs PM, new development, and production support for Core Banking System: Check capture, ATM, ACH (PEP+), DDA, ARP, Overdraft Credit Lines, & all interfaces.