TNMI, Inc., a Virginia nonprofit, Founder, Researcher/Writer
January 0010 - June 2012, Fredericksburg, VA, United States
Founder, President, Researcher/Writer, Web designer, Linux/Windows/Network Systems Administrator
· Earned ScrumMaster certification
· Maintained PMP currency through continuing education and various pro bono projects
· Installed and configured Linux, Windows, and wireless systems and networks
· Learning C++ and BASIC
· Designed, built, and populated websites using Adobe Dreamweaver CS4 and Wordpress
· Traveled to Honduras, Mexico, Colorado, Florida, New York, Hong Kong and China
New Breed Corp., IT Security and Quality Manager
June 1998 - May 2000, High Point, NC, United States
· Implemented software QA and testing program using capability maturity model (CMM) concepts.
· Created an IT Security department to define and proactively manage corporate IT risks.
· Appointed by CIO to take over software development project that had to deliver software-based logistics capability within 30 days ($400 million government contract was contingent on this product delivery). Led developers to successful, on-schedule delivery with complete functionality.
USAF, IT Security Manager
April 1983 - May 1998,
· Managed requirements analysis and change-control/approval process for software changes to US Space Command’s satellite control and NORAD’s missile warning systems.
· Developed and implemented CMM processes within US Space and Warning Systems’ Center
· Configuration management of semi-annual software versions
· IT Security Manager at DOD’s Top Secret intelligence analysis center for Europe and Africa.
Wells Fargo Bank, Sr Project Manager
August 0003 - December 0009, Winston-Salem, NC, United States
From 2003 to 2006 led and managed 7 project managers and up to 100 project resources (both employees and contractors) in a successful, federal regulator-mandated $150 million security risk remediation program.
From 2006-2009 managed 14 merger & acquisition projects, including: five Golden West merger projects, six AG Edwards merger projects, and three Wells Fargo acquisition projects.
IBM, IT Security Project Manager
June 2000 - August 0003, Jamestown, NC, United States
Successfully led tailored teams of IBM engineers/developers on security and software development projects.
Certified consultant and project manager in the IBM Global Services’ Security and Privacy Consulting Practice. Member of the PKI (public key infrastructure) Center of Competency.
Managed IT software and security projects to improve the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of client systems at:
1. US Transportation Security Administration
2. State Farm Insurance
3. Kraft Foods