Three Wire Systems, Product Owner, SM
March 2014 - Present, San Diego, CA, US
- Program Manager and Product Owner for Department of Defense (DoD) family programs incident tracking systems and coaching platforms.
- Fulfillment responsibility on an account valued >$4m.
- Sales engineer and solution architect for new business opportunities, with both existing and potential customers
- Gathers requirements from customers and users, and translates into user stories for an Agile Scrum software engineering team to maintain and enhance legacy systems on a proprietary framework.
- Architect new solutions for migrating existing customers off legacy systems and onto modern, open source platforms
- Ensure all applications have government Authority To Operate (ATO), combining the above with the DoD’s stringent DIACAP and RMF Security Framework.
- Develop new product lines which combines existing systems and features into one system capable of case management, end-user interaction via web portal, system of record capabilities, customizable workflows, analytics (both big data and market), quality of outcome and accountable care reporting, and business and systems intelligence.
nliven systems, Team Member, SM, PO
June 2011 - September 2013, San Diego, CA, US
Gathered and documented requirements for Android, iOS, and .NET application projects for the commercial marketplace as well as military health and family programs. Wrote and maintained quality assurance plans, project plans, use cases, and business proposals. One of the creators of Betty®, an in-home care data management portal and tablet application system.
• Promoted from Business Analyst to Scrum Product Owner after six months of work on Betty®, with new responsibilities including maintaining a prioritized backlog of development work and features, direct accountability for software releases, and approving all new development and design work.
• Responsible for requirements and quality testing on a mobile website project for the Army with an extremely short deadline, resulting in a fully functional mobile website finished and released in less than 45 days.
• Crafted design requirements for enhancements to the ARMYBook Army social networking site resulting in an on-time and on-budget delivery with a 400% increase in site traffic in the first month after release.
CareFusion, Team Member
July 2008 - January 2011, San Diego, CA, US
Participated in development, testing, product launch, and enhancements of CareFusion’s analytics product lines for the Alaris® infusion device and Pyxis® Medstation® system. Conducted detailed statistical analysis on infusion medication and medical supply data to improve nursing and pharmacy workflow, reduce medication errors, and improve hospital job satisfaction. Served as analytics account manager for a 24-hospital Integrated Delivery Network (IDN) system and provided reports, training, custom data analysis, and product support. Team member on an Agile Scrum team.
• Presented medical device data and gave software training via WebEx to upper management and C-level executives at over 50 hospitals nationwide.
• Conducted focus groups, gathered requirements, and wrote technical specifications for a reporting enhancement to an existing web application to grant hospitals access to previously unavailable patient and clinician data. This resulted in improved customer satisfaction and doubled the amount of web traffic to the application six months after release.
• Audited processes and documents for analytics products continuously over two years to save the department an estimated average of $36,000 each year and reduced product defect rates by 97%.