Altimetrik India Private Limited, Agile Coach
March 2014 - Present, Chennai, Tamilnadu, IN
My designation is Principal Consultant - Agile. I am engaged with the Agile initiatives in the captive IT unit of Fortune 100 Global Auto Major (who is a customer of Altimetrik). Engagement includes, working at level of individual programs and Projects by Consulting, Training and Coaching on the Agile practices. Then, furthering Enterprise Adoption by identification (and removal) of impediments, recommending additions to Agile tools and techniques, building organizational frameworks and contributing to process definition.
Siemens Limited, Manager Testing & Member Agile Transformation Team
June 2011 - March 2014, Chennai, Tamilnadu, IN
I was handling Test Program management for multiple software Product lines in Physical Security Space. Around the time I joined, the group had started in its Agile Transformation Journey. Agile Scrum was considered the right choice - given that this was the domain and technical complexity was high. I was a CSM at that time and had prior background in Scrum (in 2007-08) and hence I joined the Agile Transformation group.
The assignment was to implement Agile Testing and weave the overall Testing work seamlessly alongside development within the Agile based Product Development set-up.
I was a Member Agile Transformation Core team & Agile Coach, implementing key Agile Technical Practices & Organizational Change Management practices; furthering tool adoption. Achievements include:
- Pioneering Agile transition in Chennai, with scrum coaching, innovations and process tailoring in Agile space
- Driving the effort to reduce the Release timelines (around 25%) by adopting Agile Testing
- Conceptualization and implementation of Continuous Integration – with test automation and build automation
- Creation of Competency Assessment and Training framework for Agile Product Development set-up
- Test environment rationalization - with hardware intensive set-ups and intensive use of Virtualization technologies
- Team direction and focus on testing of Non-functional requirements & Load and Performance
I also got a chance to share the experiences in various external forums including Regional Scrum Gathering India 2013.
Siemens IT Solutions and Services Private Limited, Solution Consultant
October 2010 - May 2011, Gurgaon, Haryana, IN
Provided technical insight for upcoming projects in Software application development and IT System Integration space by:
- setting up PoCs & Solution demonstration labs
- optimizing solution stack
- working out the estimates and technical proposal
Monitored and mentored the ongoing custom application development projects in the portfolio, based on key metrics.
Siemens Information Systems Limited,
May 1998 - September 2010, Chennai, Tamilnadu, IN
Started Career in Siemens Information Systems Limited. Moved on from performing software development activities, including long-term assignments in Germany and UK, to handling offshore Project Management and Pre-sales activities.
Additionally, served as Business Continuity Manager for Siemens Information Systems,Chennai
Projects worked for included:
1. Metering Application Development for a Utility Metering major in UK as a Test manager & Configuration manager with additional responsibilities in Requirements Management. Part of the Project Management team with responsibilities in Scoping, Requirements management, testing, configuration management and customer engagement leading a team of over 25 members. Additionally played the role of a Scrum Master
- Part of the team which set-up the project team off-shore with specific competencies and infrastructure
- Key member of management team which turned around the project using Agile Scrum methodologies after the project suffered serious set-backs under the original fixed price mode with significant scope creep.
- Ironed out the requirement related issues in two key modules & generated change requests - to the extent of 40% of initial contract value.
- Enlarging the scope of the engagement for offshore test team to execute the acceptance test scenarios - offshore.
Software development & Analyst stints took me to UK and Germany and working in Microsoft OO and Oracle DB platforms in Finance, Telecom & Forestry domains in
2. Marketing Program Management Project based in Ford UK
MPS is an internally developed enterprise grade finance application for processing dealer incentive program for Ford of Europe involving administration of multi-billion dollar payments. MPS had its core processing engine in Unix / Oracle 9i with presentation layer in Microsoft technologies. Responsibilities included,
- Module Lead for the BI Module developed in Crystal Reports 10 – with active involvement in data modeling & performance optimization in Oracle 9i.
- Leading the integration testing for the releases
- Evaluated the application for SoX compliance perspective and instituted remedial process corrections, tooling changes and controls. Then, continued as an internal auditor for the same project.
3. Siemens ICN, Netminister OSP Telecom product development based in Munich, Germany and Chennai, India
Software product Netminister OSP manages the Out-side Plant networks of telecom firms with GIS.
- Played the role of Module lead for reporting module & PL/SQL, VC++ and VB developer.
- Member of the core team for project off-shoring from Munich to Chennai and carried it trough in phases
4. Madhya Pradesh Forest Department, Forest Management Information Systems Project, Chenna / Delhi, India
FMIS was developed as a MIS & GIS for M. P Forest Department, under the aegis of The World Bank.
- Played the role of developer / I handled the design & development tasks in PL/SQL and VB and GIS Integration.