Right after my Scrum Alliance Course and CSM certification, I started looking for Scrum Master opportunity which I finally got towards the end of 2012.
Prior to this Scrum Alliance Course in 2012, I had some Kanban and Scrum expirence but this training was a bigtime help for me. Initially I was a Scrum Master for a small team but soon I started looking after a big Scrum team. Later I was a Scrum Master for multiple teams and that too for distributed teams.
My primary responsibilities include:
- To removes any impediments that obstruct a team’s pursuit of its sprint goals.
- To help team set up a physical task board and shows the team how to use it.
- If outsiders interrupt the team, I redirect them to the Product Owner.
- To work with Product Owner to improve effectiveness by helping them find ways to maintain the Product Backlog and release plan.
- To keep Scrum process running
- To ensures a proper power balance between PO, Team, Management
- To protects the Team
- To help to organize the Meetings
- To helps to keep the Team focused on the current Sprint and achieve Sprint goals
- To help team to be self-organized and self-motivated
- To works with PO, educates PO, Team, Management and Organization
- To encourages and helps to achieve transparency and strives to develop a Team into a High-Performance Team
- To educate and focused a Team toward business-driven development
- To support Team building and Team development by utilizing the abilities and skills of individuals, and fostering a Feedback culture
- To ensure and support empowerment of the Team and addresses needs efficiently and effectively
- To detect hidden problems and strives to solve them
In last few years my Scrum journey has been so amazed. I started as a basic Scrum Master and from there, Sr. Scrum Master, and now Lead Scrum Master and a part time Agile Scrum coach.
Infosys, Scrum Master
February 2016 - Present, Plano, TX, US
My all job experience with this organization is Scrum Master only.
Walmart, Scrum Master
July 2011 - February 2016, Bentonville, AR, US
I started in 07/2011 as a Business Analyst and switched to Scrum Master role towards the end of 2012 and continued till the end of my job with Walmart.