Obopay Mobile Technology, Project Manager
November 2010 - Present, Bangalore, Karanataka, India
Mobile Payment Service
Client: Nokia, Warid telecom, Master Card, Societe Generale
Description: It is a payment system which enables real-time and non-real-time funds transfer between varieties of account types both internal (managed by Obopay System) and external (Card accounts, Bank accounts). Aims at offering easy payments like money transfers, top-up, bill-pay, online payments, and retail payments.
• Spearhead the project team and manage the project from inception to completion.
• Fortify defining of project scopes, goals and deliverables that support business goals in Collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
• Engineer full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
• Accountable for effective communication of project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
• Facilitate the updation of project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
• Focus on process related to estimation of the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
• Establish and consider the need for additional staff or consultants and make the appropriate recruitments if necessary during project cycle.
• Streamline and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
• Successfully, govern and assign tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
• Key out and resolve issues, conflicts within the project team and manage project dependencies and critical path.
• Foster and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
• Steer the process of Tracking project milestones and deliverables.
• Structure and deliver progress reports and presentations.
• Hypothesize the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
• Revamp project scope, identify potential crises and devise contingency plans.
• Instill project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
• Guide and mentor project team members and contractors and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
• Interact and maintain relationship with customers & stakeholders, understanding and translating business requirements.
• Process implementation for development and quality assurance purpose.
• Architect and implement agile methodology for globally distributed teams.
Sun Microsystems, QA Lead
June 2005 - October 2010, Bangalore, Karanataka, India
Project: CDS (Content Delivery Server)
Client: Ericsson , Verizon Wireless , Telecom Personal , Telefonica Mexico, Telecom New Zealand
The Sun Java System Content Delivery Server (CDS) is a high-performance software solution that
enables operators to manage the complexity of delivering wireless content over-the-air (OTA) to their subscribers. The primary target being wireless operators serving the consumer market with content, such as ring tones, Java games, and images. This product will be sold through System Integrators who are starting to sell CDS into the wireless operator market.
• Hands on Experience in Handset as well as Mobile testing application.
• Participated in requirement clarification with Architect team and customer engineers.
• Provided inputs and guidance for documentation changes/enhancements arising from development changes.
• Extensive experience in Smoke, API Testing , Sanity, Functionality, Integration, System and Regression Testing.
• Have written and executed system test plans and test cases.
• Experience in preparing Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) and Defect Distribution Matrix (DDM)
• Reduced the Test Cycles form over a month to 7 days by effectively using talents of in-house testing Teams. Coded and executed automated functional tests using Silk Test.
• Introduced test practices for effective time management and resource utilization which increased efficiency (Test Case Management Tools/Process ->Agile Management) , accelerated customer satisfaction (response time less than 3 hours total → 2 hours to test a fixes and 1 hour reserved for back-out) and slashed error rate (customer escalation only priority 3 bugs 2 Major releases).
• Architected and implemented agile testing practices for globally distributed teams
• Monitoring and Maintaining the testing environment, daily automated testing, results analysis, and providing approval for release that meets the highest quality expectations. Coordinate efforts between product development teams and offshore test team
• Architected and implemented QA processes (e.g., defect tracking, test case management, automated testing strategies, etc.)
• Promptly identifying and escalating defects, working with cross site and cross functional teams to isolate problem; and tracking the issues to complete resolution.
• Performing duties associated in planning the testing strategy and effective implementation of the strategy, organize and facilitate reviews, inspections and walkthrough of test plans and processes
• Hired, trained, and supervised software quality assurance staff members
• Involved in setting up testing environment: Server Set – Up . Involved in DB migration testing and High Availability Testing which requires clustering of MySQL, Message Queue, setting up Software load-balancer, installing Glassfish/Weblogic.
• Deployment and Testing of various CDS features and functionalities.
• Involved in developing Training Modules