Suhas S. Gupta
5264 Rooster Drive (408) 515-5973
San Jose, CA 95136 firstname.lastname@example.org
* Extremely motivated and influential Team Builder in local and offshore location with a proven track record of Leadership for successfully developing and delivering quality enterprise products to the market on time.
* Project Management experience with equally strong analytical and problem-solving skills in combination of excellent hands-on work style Software Development Management and Technical skills.
* Creative thinker and solutions-oriented experience in defining, designing, coordinating implementation and deployment of GUI and database applications.
* Expertise covers databases, object modeling, content management, component architectures, and Internet/intranet application architecture.
* Excellent cross-group collaborating skills to translate and communicate complex business requirements and technical concepts.
CoreLogic Dorado, A division of CoreLogic (NYSE: CLGX) Redwood City, CA Dec 2011 - Current
Director, Software Engineering
As part of Customer Delivery, responsible for implementation and deployment of Corelogic Dorado’s SaaS (Software as a Service) platform and applications for Mortgage industry.
* Provide experience developing and delivering customer focused solutions, tailored to each organization's unique IT structure, work processes, and business requirements.
* Manage teams from inception to elaboration to construction to deployment for implementation of solutions.
* Develop standardized Agile Scrum practices and apply appropriate methodologies across teams.
Environment: Java, Weblogic, Oracle, Adobe Flex, svn, Jenkins, Jira
LeadClick Media, Inc, A division of CoreLogic (NYSE: CLGX) San Francisco, CA Nov 2007 - Dec 2011
Director of Engineering
Responsible for providing engineering directions and leadership for the development and hosting of Online Lead Generation SaaS (Software as a Service) platform.
* Provided technology strategies and lead implementation efforts to create a more effective lead collection and delivery application.
* Manage and Mentor team of Software Developers and Infrastructure and Network operations engineers.
* As part of SEO initiative, introduced WordPress as CMS for building sites, used web analytics solution, Google Analytics, for monitoring effectiveness of online marketing initiatives. Defined A/B and multi-variant testing process for landing page optimization.
* Architected and implemented business decision support system and data warehousing reporting tools to track KPI using Microsoft Analysis Services and CUBE technology.
* Implemented SOX compliance and audit process by identifying and reporting on internal control issues.
* Improved infrastructure reliability through introducing Virtualization of datacenter servers at hosting environment.
Environment: IIS, ASP, Microsoft SQL Server, WordPress, PHP, MySQL, VMWare ESX
Patni Computer Systems, Inc Milpitas, CA May 2006 - Nov 2007
Sr. Manager, Engineering
* Provided strong technical and strategic managerial leadership throughout the development of major and minor releases of the CRM based product for a telecom company.
* Build and mentored a results-driven team that followed best practices and operated in a fast-paced environment. Established policies, process and direction to ensure the department exceeds organizational goals.
* Responsible for the profit and loss of the delivery engagement. Budgeted and did resource planning for the successful implementation of the project.
Environment: J2EE, Weblogic, XML, Oracle, Perl, Ant, CruiseControl, SVN, Linux, Windows, Siebel, external system integrations, outsourcing organizations.
QuinStreet, Inc. Foster City, CA Aug 2004 - Mar 2006
Director of Implementation
* Responsible for building and managing cross-functional teams of project managers, developers, QA engineers and for defining the best practices and strategic direction of the Implementation Organization.
* Established a highly collaborative platform for teams to operate and communicated across diverse group of internal customers.
* Led the efforts to build an offshore development program in Pune, India for Implementation Organization and further extended to support the product team. The team grew to 50+ strong talented employees in less than nine months with extensive interaction between teams in US and in India.
* Defined metrics and processes to effectively measure the performance and quality of work and to take appropriate action to achieve increasing efficiency to improve team’s effectiveness.
Environment: J2EE, Jboss, Weblogic, Java Script, Ajax, Apache, PHP, MySQL, Oracle, Perforce, Linux, Windows, Emprix, Teamtrack, Interwoven
Quantros, Inc. Milpitas, CA Mar 2002 - Aug 2004
Director of Engineering
* Headed the Enterprise Engineering group focused on best practices, reusable architectures and the definition and implementation of Quantros’ web-delivered real-time knowledge creation and decision support SaaS application, catered for healthcare industry.
* Development responsibilities included feature definitions and collaboration with Product Management, ownership of the entire product life cycle including system architectural design for reconciliation and manipulation of data across business boundaries using sophisticated statistical techniques and software, high-level and detailed software design.
* Led and maintained HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) and 21CFR Part 11 security compliance initiatives for Quantros product offering.
* Architect the hosting environment, including DMZ and firewall implementation, Oracle database configuration and administration, automation of onsite, offsite recovery and backup processes.
* Other responsibilities included monitoring of development and QA tasks, project management, providing 24x7 secure co-location hosting environment, and managing outside vendor’ relationship for system integration projects.
Environment: J2EE, Weblogic, IIS, Oracle, MySQL, Linux, Windows, StatServer, bugzilla, cvs
Info Objects, Inc. Fremont, CA Mar 2000 - Mar 2002
Director of Professional Services
* Provided leadership to highly skilled 30+ member professional services organization - Project Managers, QA Manager, Developers, Trainers, others - for timely delivery of several web based projects.
* Managed implementation efforts between US and India offices and actively mentor and develop all member of the organization. Actively managed several outside vendors including technology-consulting firm.
Environment: J2EE, Weblogic, JBoss, JSP, EJBs, Java Script, Oracle, MySQL, Linux, Solaris, Windows 2000, NT, XML, SNMP, AdventNet WebNMS, AdventNet MIB Browser.
Parametric Technology Corporation Saratoga, CA Mar 1999 - Mar 2000
Manager, Application Development
* Responsible for managing and growing a team of engineers for developing data manipulation tool which executes configurable data mining operations based on analytical models.
* As a role of program manager, coordinated the definition, architectural design, development and the timely delivery of the application for content management. The software was XML, Java and Oracle based.
Formtek Inc., A Lockheed Martin Company Palo Alto, CA Nov 1993 - Mar 1999
Senior Manager, Application Development
* Responsible for defining and developing new web based application that solves information management challenges for virtual enterprises.
* Participated in all stages of the product development lifecycle, including marketing and pre-sales customer visits, product specification, design specification and road shows
Manager, Engineering Services
* Project Management responsibilities: customer interaction, project and resource planning, scheduling.
* Technical responsibilities: requirement analysis, specification development, architecture definition, and design of user-interface and database schema.
* Assisted in pre-sales activities, road shows, user conferences, help desk, user training and proposal preparation.
Lead Project Engineer
* Led the architectural analysis, design and implementation of Electronic Data Management System application for a telecommunications company. The implementation was in C, SQL, on HP/UX.
* Assisted customers in tuning and administering systems and Oracle Databases.
Talus Solutions (formerly Decision Focus, Inc) Mountain View, CA Mar 1991 - Oct 1993
* Designed and implemented X-Windows based GUI application software for yield management of a transportation company. The application, based on computational mathematics and data structures, had client-server architecture using C, embedded SQL, Oracle.
* Responsibilities included defining specifications, project planning, developing algorithms based on mathematical models, implementation, testing, deployment at customer sites and customer training.
HTML, Application Server (Weblogic, Jboss), XML, CGI, IIS, ASP, JSP, Apache, PHP
Oracle, MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server
Java, Java Script, Ajax, C++, C, Perl, bash, awk, sed, grep, sh, csh, SQL, PL/SQL
WordPress, Google Analytics, Ant, CruiseControl, cli, cvs, Perforce, SourceSafe, make
Education & Certification
Certified ScrumMaster (License 000117087), Scrum Alliance Dec 2010
M.S. (Electrical and Computer Engineering), Louisiana State University Dec 1990
B.S. (Power Electronics), Nagpur University, India Aug 1987