Phone: +91 98453 21227 (M)
Seeking for senior level management role in Software Engineering involves Strategy, Development & Delivery Management in a growth oriented organisation.
- A decisive, action-oriented and result-focused professional offering over 24 years of experience in Software Product Development (Program, Project & Delivery Management), IT services with good background of strong engineering processes
- Presently associated as Vice President Engineering with Aris Global Software Pvt Ltd. (software Product Development company in Life Sciences) Bangalore, India
- Expertise in managing Software Engineering function, R&D, Global Software delivery(both on-site & off-shore), People management, team building, software process improvisation & implementation, budgeting, customer coordination / operational relationship, driving continuous design/ operational improvements, chairing status meeting and customer reviews
- Having verifiable track record on handling global programs/ projects, (Technical RFP to project Release) through coordinating and managing the expectations between the Customers and internal stake holders for the size of programs ranging from duration of 38 months to 4 months
- Proven skills in managing teams to work in sync with the corporate goals & motivating them for achieving business and individual goals
- Having very good experience & knowledge in CRM, ERP & Pharmaceuticals - Life Sciences domains
- Possess excellent interpersonal, communication and analytical skills with demonstrated abilities in customer relationship management
- Being Leadership Management team member, imparted importance of Engineering functions, processes and best practices which lead for successful project/ release accomplishments
- Managed Engineering teams during merger & acquisition on Product/ Process/ People transformation
- Key decision maker and execution executive for standardizing processes, tools, measurements, best practices and managing budget for Engineering function
- Managed Global Software Product development teams to work towards commitment and quality releases
- Successfully managed and delivered regulatory compliances process solutions to 10 of the top 50 global pharmaceutical companies over web applications
- Significantly managed and facilitated total employee strength of over 400 members in multiple product teams on all Product Engineering functions including development, product management, QC verification (automation and performance testing), technical documentation and delivery.
- Worked with (SAP Germany) business partners and the organization's new business initiative by delivering high quality software integration solution of Clinical Research and SAP processes (Netweaver) Composite application on-time
- Instrumental in ensuring the accomplishment of organizational objectives in accordance with outlined priorities of product engineering function
- Performed an imperative role in the implementation of SCRUM framework of Agile Methodology in the organization through vigorous training to improve the product development method.
- Very efficient Agile Scrum coach and mentor implementing Agile methodology across Engineering function and improvised the processes through monitoring & continuous improvements
- Actively involved in defining & implementing continuous improvement programs by analyzing metrics.
- Operated as a Core Member of defining, training and implementing processes for CMMi Level 3 assessment.
Operating Systems : MS DOS, Windows & UNIX
Languages : Java, Fox Pro
RDBMS : Oracle, MS SQL
Source Code Control /
Configuration Management Systems : MS VSS, CVS
Project Management Applications : MS Projects, iPlan, Degite
ERP Packages : BaaN ERP, SAP ERP, i2, Oracle Application, Siebel
Content Mgt & reporting Systems : Documentum, Crystal, BO, BI
Enterprise Application Integration : SAP Netweaver Composite apps, Web enabled ERP,
Enterprise Mobile solution
Agile Development Management : TFS (Team Foundation Server)
Since Apr’10 with Aptean (formerly Consona CRM Software & Services Pvt. Limited), Bangalore, India as Vice President Engineering
- Defined and implemented Agile Software development methodologies across product development teams, enabled metrics driven engineering function
- Implemented TFS (Team Foundation server) for Project Management, Bug Management, Source Control & Test Management across all Product development team
- Played very important role to standardize Development model through process definition, training & implementation
- Accountable for Product Development & Sustaining Engineering activities of Global Engineering teams
- Responsible for transitioning Product Development activities to India and ensure the functioning continues with seamlessly
- Implemented High Potential Entry Level (HPEL) Boot camp training by defining process framework, resulted enabling fresh engineers to be productive in 12 weeks
- Being Leadership member involved in strategic and tactical decisions to lead the required actions from the major development center of the Organization Bangalore
- Designed and implemented common metrics reporting across product teams for Product Leadership meetings and Engineering periodic management reporting (SOU Engineering metrics report)
- Implemented effective iteration development through continuous monitoring & improvements through development assessments
- Took initiative to institutionalize Center Of Excellence (COE) of Architecture, Quality Assurance & Documentation
- Established processes and Lab for Performance Engineering, Security engineering & automation testing
- Actively participated in all aspects of transitioning Product development of key Growth Products of Knowledge Management, Distribution ERP system and key Supply chain mgt product
- Develop, maintain & manage Engineering budget & expenses (Operational & CapEx)
- Being part of CRM Leadership Team to monitor the business progress, analyze & decide business actions and represent as Management to the Organization. Participate in periodic Leadership tactical & Strategic business meetings
- Developed high performing Engineering team by ensuring self motivated highly disciplined team focused on committing, delivering quality releases as scheduled
- Implementing Organizational & Engineering improvement initiatives which results Quality delivery
- Managed successful Engineering department stabilization activities after the Organizational acquisition
- Implemented SCRUM processes, reporting and metrics driven approach successfully
- Being Board of Director lead India Operations team for effective management and expenses control
May’09 – Apr’10 with Synowledge Software Pvt. Limited, Bangalore, India (Affiliate org. of ArisGlobal)
Aug’02 – Apr’09 with ArisGlobal Software Pvt. Limited, Bangalore, India
Aug’02 – Mar’04 - As Project Manager, Productivity Tools
Apr’04 – Dec’05 - As Program Manager, Non-Safety Product Development
Jan’06 – Dec’07 - As Associate Director, Non-Safety Product Development
Jan’08 – Apr’09 - As Director Product Engineering
May’09 – Mar’10 - As Director Engineering
- Accountable for managing product development functions, entailing development, quality, process, services, and support to facilitate quality delivery and reporting to the Vice-President (Engineering).
- Coordinating with various stake holders for smooth and successful sales & implementation to ensure good customer experiences.
- Working with the customers and business/ customer partners during project / program kick-off, workshop and project execution for meeting the commitments and expectations from product engineering.
- Monitoring & controlling the management of programs periodically and managing risk mitigation to ensure timely completion, and quality delivery.
- Spearheading the programs with complete & accurate metrics by implementing the project closure and lessons learnt; for continuous improvements.
- Mentoring & training managers and leaders to facilitate good culture, best practices and set the right expectations from the teams.
- Leading the process teams (SPG) to define, implement and audit project progress monitoring, metrics, project planning configuration management & requirement management process areas for the CMMI Level-3 certification.
- Defining and implementing the improvement programs for reduction of employee attrition by ensuring employees are contended in the work place.
- Developing common re-usable components to build the organizational common framework and working on applications modernization.
Jun’97 – Aug’02 with SE Technologies Inc., Stamford, CT, USA; Mobyz LLC, CT, USA; SE Technologies, Bangalore, India (Group Company of Arisglobal) as Project Manager (Integration Solutions and Mobile App. Development)
- Responsible for managing the development of web-based composite Enterprise Integration Solution for Ford to manage their component system dealer management system.
- Ensuring the delivery of Enterprise Application Integration Solution for KNS for managing their business critical business processes; the value of the project was over $2 million.
- Developing organizational integration platform to provide integration solutions for customers on stable framework
- Devising multiple mobile computing solutions on mobile devices including mobilization of the enterprise data available to our customers' users from their existing enterprise applications.
- Implementing the BaaN ERP system for FIAT automobiles in India as Project Manager for Logistics modules by studying their existing system + processes.
Sep’91 – Jun’97 with Larsen & Toubro, Bangalore; Mar’88 – Sep’91 with Lakshmi Machine Works – Coimbatore; Jun’86 – Feb’88 with KCP Limited, Madras as Senior Engineer
- Defining, studying, planning and implementing Business Process Re-Engineering (BPR) for Earth Moving Division of L&T after training at U.K by CT Consultants.
- Defining the material supply and manufacturing process systems based on the value system and implementing the same in coordination with practitioners.
- Handling the MPS and MRP for Hydraulic Equipment Division along with managing budgets.
- SCRUM - Agile Methodology & Certified SCRUM Master (CSM)
- Software Estimation Methodology including SCRUM Estimation.
- CMMI Level 3 Processes – SEI.
- ISO 9001:2008 & ISO 27001 Implementation & Audit -Certified.
- PMP & OPM3 Training.
- Baan ERP - Manufacturing Certification and Baan ERP - Basics Certification.
- Finance Management and Project Management Certification from IISC.
- Business Process Re-engineering by CSC Consultants of U.K.
1987 Post Graduate Diploma in Materials Management (PGDMM) from Annamalai University.
1985 Bachelors Degree in Engineering (B.E.) - Mechanical & Production Engineering.
2009 PMP Certification (Certified Project Management Professional)
2009 Certified SCRUM Master (CSM Certification)
2009 Certified on ISO 9001:2008 & ISO 27001 Auditing
2011 Certified SCRUM Professional (CSP)