Cisco, Agile Coach / Mentor
January 2011 - Present, milpitas, California, United States
I currently work as Agile Coach / Mentor with agile transition team within CDO's (Cisco Dev Organization) Engineering COE (Center for Excellence) teams. This Cisco-wide central team drives the "Agile@Cisco" initiative to standardize Agile Product Life Cycle across Cisco TG/BUs.
I help our team effectively manage Agile adoption and deployment within Cisco, so that teams can adopt the standard Agile process to deliver work/product/service incrementally & predictably, when compared to planned waterfall-type process. However, I also provide direction and coaching to teams working in a waterfall and Agile environment by identifying the relationships between the two processes and by helping define and document processes such that the two methodologies coexist in "hybrid scrum" environment.
Paypal, Project Manager / Scrum Master
September 2010 - November 2010, san jose, California, United States
Brief stint as contract Project Manager / Scrum Master for product development teams implementing ECommerce transaction management initiatives in payment processing & banking integration domains, with good exposure to PayPal architecture, PLC process, Clarity and Rally tools. [Sep’10–Nov'10, PayPal]
Symantec, Agile Program Manager / Scrum Master
October 2008 - October 2010, Cupertino, California, United States
• Project leader for $56M RCHA (Renewal Center High Availability) program to build eCommerce website “buy.norton.com” from scratch, amongst top 10 largest ECommerce storefronts on its Oct 2009 launch. Led multiple concurrent projects for business continuity of online storefront/CRM, BI/DW & web analytics.
• Servant leader of distributed teams working on eCommerce product/platform development initiatives, with teams at Cupertino, Mountain View (USA), Vancouver (Canada), Dublin (Ireland), Pune & Noida (India).
* Core (3 teams of 30)- storefront/CRM (Engineering), EDW/Reporting (IT), & web analytics (Business).
* Cross-functional (teams of 180+)- Product Management, App Monitoring, Release & Infrastructure
As Scrum Master, advised PMO team during transition from corporate waterfall/RUP SDLC to agile scrum.
Secondary roles: Product Owner & Release Manager during agile adoption using lean engineering principles
• As Product Owner, helped creation of shared product backlog across distributed scrum teams.
• As Release Manager, maintained continuous integration (CI) of dev/qa releases during early sprints.
• Introduced rigor of continuous integration, by implementing TDD & CI for storefront/UX teams.
• For downstream BI & analytics teams, maintained rhythm of iterative (weekly) ETL "migrations" with related BI/reporting/analytics changes.