CAPITA (G2G3) – Recruitment Partner Programme (MOD), Project Manager / Scrum Master
April 2015 - Present, , United Kingdom
• Responsible for managing delivery from multidisciplinary, digital delivery team of up to 8-10 members.
• Identify critical path issues; capture dependencies between the various project streams and schedule changes resulting from change requests.
• Worked with Product Owner (PO), Digital Delivery teams, and other stakeholders at CAPITA on Sprint planning, release planning to deliver the product release roadmap.
• Work-plan management and control using an Agile Project Management Tool TFS.
• Day to day planning, tracking and accountability of specific work stream elements to ensure successful delivery to agreed timescales, quality and scope
• Scope Management, Scope Planning – work with the digital delivery team to establish high level scope. Scope Definition – support the Analysts & Technical Leads in establishing detailed scope. Verification – support the Analyst(s) & Technical Lead(s) achieve sign-off of scope. Scope Control – Manage scope change requests and delivery planning.
• Risk Management - Planning, identification of risk, risk analysis (Probability x Impact), risk response planning and monitoring and control. Ensure high scoring risks are appropriately communicated and managed
• Issue Management - Issue analysis (Impact to scope/schedule/cost/quality), issue response planning and monitoring and control. Ensure high scoring issues are appropriately communicated and managed.
• Established strong working relationships with technology team members, functional counterparts, vendors and related project teams.
Government Digital Services (GDS) - Cabinet Office, Digital Delivery Manager (Agile)
November 2014 - February 2015, , United Kingdom
• Planning and execution of Business Implementation deliverables (LOB applications, Access DB and Macros & Templates) within a project/programme. Implementing Cloud based technologies as well as introducing networked practices like Google Apps to make it easier for civil servants to work together and to communicate with the public.
• Day to day planning, tracking and accountability of specific work stream elements to ensure successful delivery to agreed timescales, quality and budget.
• Effectively estimate costs; timescales and resource requirements for the successful delivery of the project. Working closely and managing multiple third party suppliers.
• Monitor and forecasts costs; timescales and resources used; and takes action where these deviate from agreed tolerances.
• Work-plan management and control using an Agile Project Management Tool Jira and project plan management using Smartsheet tracking actual progress, and reporting variances.
• Worked with PO, Delivery/Scrum teams, and other stakeholders at DCMS and Cabinet Office on Sprint planning (2 Week Sprint cycle), release planning to deliver the release roadmap.
• Responsibility includes working closely with the Subject Matter Expert team to understand the business requirement, estimating the cost of delivering the solution, staffing the team, and managing the team until the solution is transitioned to Application Management for support.
• Delivery for all projects in scope, managing risks, issues and governance as well as maintaining a good working relationship with the third parties key to success. Influence stakeholders and monitor business case validity.
Atos, Project Manager (Applications)
July 2014 - November 2014, , United Kingdom
• Performed project management activities that included creating and managing project plan, WBS and estimation, project schedule, task and resource allocation, monitoring and tracking, status reporting, mentor team members, change management and release processes, risk mitigation, escalation, communications and implementation
• Managed day-to-day management of various project control processes, including deliverable configuration management, issue and risk management, scope or change control, resource management and quality management
• Work-plan management and control using a standard Project Management Tool (e.g. MS Project). This involves setting up plans, tracking actual progress, and reporting variances.
• Recruitment, development and management of multidisciplinary, highly skilled digital development teams (50+) comprising of Software Architects and Test Analysts spread across the globe.
• Cost Management - Identify, log and manage cost estimates & budgets (£2 million). Report cost and estimates on a fortnightly basis.
• Resource Management, Planning, build and acquire high-performing multidisciplinary, digital project teams (incl. external resource) onsite (multiple location in UK) and offshore (Poland, India), and manage the team.
• Manage the governance and ongoing refinement of the development processes to ensure and demonstrate standards and best practices are followed and embedded within the teams
• Work closely with Technical Assurance and Development Managers to develop strategies to continually reduce the occurrence of defects and improve the overall quality of deliverables
Helveta, Delivery Manager (Agile)
July 2013 - June 2014, , United Kingdom
My current responsibilities include:
1. Define and manage agile (Scrum) delivery process.
2. Agile Coach - Mentor varied stakeholders on effective use of agile principles, scrum process (Product backlog refinement, Story writing, Sprint Planning, Showcase, Retrospective) and software engineering best practices such as Pair programming, Peer code review, Test driven development (TDD), Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD) and Exploratory testing to improve the quality of software being delivered.
3. Liaise with Technical Architect on technical issues to seek continuous software quality improvements.
4. Recommend process improvements and define KPI’s for software delivery.
5. Working on prioritized Product Backlog with PO (Product Backlog Owner) at Helveta on defining roadmap for sprint delivery.
6. Working with SM (Scrum Master) on Sprint/Capacity planning and delivery.
7. Facilitating Scrum ceremonies (PB grooming, Sprint Planning 1, Showcase, Retrospective).
8. Continue to work with stakeholders at Helveta and offshore delivery team on process refinement, improving transparency and visibility of delivery teams.
9. Responsible for delivery of the product from offshore team as per roadmap agreed with Product Manager.