PayPal, Inc., Agile Program Manager / ScrumMaster
January 2014 - Present, Austin, TX, US
I am a Program Manager and ScrumMaster for a number of Scrum teams who are working on the consumer web experience for PayPal.com.
My first priority at PayPal and within our group is to enable my Scrum team to get better at what they do by removing wasteful processes and empowering them to be more self-organized. I was able to transform my scrum team within 4 months from using bad practices and anti-patterns to being one of the most mature and self-organized teams in the PayPal Center of Excellence in Austin, TX.
After focusing heavily on the team level execution and Scrum framework, I had to redirect my energy towards Agile Portfolio Management to satisfy the high demand for enterprise-level roadmapping and prioritization.
Our teams work on highly visible and very exciting products which affect 160+ million users worldwide. That is one of the reasons why work at PayPal is extremely rewarding and why everyone is so appreciated. We impact lives all over the world, every day.
PayPal has recognized Agile as the future of Software Development and made big investments to fully integrate the framework.
I'm extremely excited to be part of PayPal in times of fast technological change, especially in the payments industry.
ERCOT (Electric Reliability Council of Texas), Project Delivery Analyst
May 2013 - February 2014, Taylor, TX, US
- Scrum Master for an EDW project team
- Agile Coaching
- Aligning Agile metrics with traditional project reporting to upper management
- Tool improvements
RTT AG (Realtime Technology AG), Project Manager
December 2013 - May 2013, Munich, Germany
Program/Project Manager for a server based 3D visualization solution (RaaS; Rendering as a Service)
- Restructured a POC project and turned positive within 4 months utilizing Agile methodologies
- Re-established and maintained customer satisfaction
- Implemented agile software development aspects
- Developed Testing & QA concept based on Scrum Framework
- Team staffing and restructuring
- Managing Program and software development team from overseas
- Gathering business needs and translating them into technical requirements
RTT USA Inc., Solultion Manager
March 2010 - November 2011, Royal Oak, MI, United States
Solution Manager and Developer on interactive 3D visualization applications and systems
RTT AG (Realtime Technology AG), Technical Project Manager
July 2008 - March 2010, Munich, Germany
- International kiosk system roll outs (3D Car Configurators for Audi, Ferrari, Eurocopter, Toyota, Lamborghini, Opel)
- Developing Update/Maintenance solutions for showroom kiosk systems
- Automating kiosk systems and processes
- Identifying customer needs/requirements and coordinating implementations