Highly accomplished technology professional with a 16+ year track record of innovation and success. Skilled in analyzing business needs and issues; evaluating feasibility and costs; architecting effective solutions; and leading the development and delivery of complex and fully integrated systems, databases, interfaces, products and infrastructure to enhance capability, improve performance, and drive continued competitive growth. Analytical, problem solver, strength in quickly identifying problems and risks and applying solutions to ensure optimal performance. Proven ability to adapt quickly to new challenges, technologies, and changing business environments.
- Software Development Life Cycle Management
- Enterprise Systems Architecture & Framework
- Object-Oriented Analysis & Design (OOA/OOD)
- Requirements Elicitation & Management
- Business Process Redesign
- J2EE, Web Services, SOA
- Agile, Scrum & Test Driven Environments
- CSS, Section 508, W3C Standards, HTML 4/5
- Middleware & System Application Integration
- Technology Evaluation, Selection & Rollout
- Project Planning, Tracking & Management
- Team, Client, Business & Vendor Relations
Virginia Department of Education,
January 2008 - Present, Richmond, VA, US
- Working with stakeholders to define requirements, design database, interface, program specification, test plans, project plans to meet the stakeholder's requirements. Analyzing user requirement and help design and implement architecturally-sound solutions to achieve regulatory compliance including W3C Standards.
- Gathering and analyzing data to develop business cases for potential IT projects and document user requirements. Planning, designing, implementing, and maintaining departmental and enterprise systems in support of business processes.
- Synthesize large amounts of information into crisp product and business recommendations demonstrating business value/benefit; present and defend recommendations to a variety of audiences, such as executives, program managers, and developers. Help design and implement architecturally-sound solutions .
- Collaborate with business subject matter experts to identify business requirements and rules and transfer in to the technical specification for developers. Architecting the technical models in Microsoft Visio.
- Story boarding the web based user interface which acts as a common point of discussion between the end user and the technical developer. Ensure that solutions for accessibility contribute to a positive user experience for all customers. Mentoring the developers on 508 compliance.
- Accountable for operational excellence of assigned IT project(s), with duties including project reviews, feasibility, business value benefit analysis, prioritization, initiation, execution and closure for all project work related activities
- Ensuring that work completed by the developer meets the original technical specification. Assisting developer/contractors in the complex technical issues. Gets fully involved in coding (especially in J2EE) on critical technical processes. Mentoring senior developers.
- Testing and verifying that application portfolio ( User Interface) conforms to accessibility and W3C standards
- And much more !