Project Management Professional with more than fifteen years of experience managing both government and commercial software development projects in both agile and waterfall environments. Expertise in software project management, program management, personnel management, software process improvement and risk management and agile methodologies. In most recent role, serve as the head of the Project Management Office (PMO), overseeing multiple projects and programs across different groups in Gannett. Established and operationalized processes to ensure consistent progress and success using agile delivery methods. Developed and streamlined the agile processes used by development teams to deliver code faster and with better quality, this included streamlining our scrum process using JIRA and adopting Kanban methodology for some of the project teams. Led a massive effort to standardize the JIRA Agile tool used enterprise wide. Serve as the subject matter expert on agile methodologies. Train and mentor project staff on agile processes.
Gannett, Program Manager/Scrum Master
October 2013 - April 2016, McLean, VA, US
Provided Program Management support for multiple Gannett Digital programs. Responsibilities included directing multiple projects from start to finish, roadmap planning, dependency management, risk management, personnel management, monitoring and control.
• Managed multiple projects/programs across the organization from start to finish meeting deadlines and budget.
• Developed and streamlined the agile processes used by development teams to deliver code faster and with better quality, this included streamlining our scrum process using JIRA and adopting Kanban methodology for some of the project teams. Led a massive effort to standardize the JIRA Agile tool used enterprise wide. Serve as the subject matter expert on agile methodologies. Train and mentor project staff on agile processes.
GlobalNet Sevices, Project Manager/Scrum Master
January 2010 - October 2013, Rockville, MD, US
Senior Project Manager for the FDA Unified Registration and Listing System (FURLS) program, a $50M mission critical Java based online registration and certification system that contains twelve active modules, and supports five Centers of the FDA. Responsibilities include release planning, scheduling, monitoring and controlling new modules and managing the operations and maintenance of the existing systems.
• Directed multiple projects/teams in analysis, design, development, testing, and deployment of various applications. Analyzed contract requirements and developed project-specific deliverables to enable successful program implementation. Created project management plan and project schedules using Microsoft Project. Monitored the progress of scheduled tasks.
• Met with GNSI executive management monthly to provide high level management updates on the status of the program. Provided EVM reporting to the client monthly.
• Prepared financial reports, invoices, burn rates, monthly status reports, and other essential documentation. Responsible for the project’s compliance to CMMI maturity level 3 rating standards.
• Managed a team of 36 staff in a matrix organization, including 20 fully dedicated employees. Directly supervise the dedicated staff and determine work assignments, priorities and schedules.
• Member of Project Management Office (PMO), an organization developed to promote consistent application of quality assurance processes and collaboration to support the multiple GNSI projects. Mentored new PMs, helping them on the organization standards.