Markus Wissekal Consulting, Trainer, Mentor, Coach
April 2014 - Present, Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
I work through/with a multitude of partners to help managers and employees to create a work place that is worthy of the 21st century
ti&m AG, Agile Consultant
April 2013 - July 2015, Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
I'm was one of a few agile consultants at ti&m - working with clients in Finance, Insurance, Transportation and Health Care. Teams that needed help with all things agile (Transformation, Interim ScrumMaster, Project Jumpstarts, Scaling)
HolidayCheck AG, ScrumMaster
August 2011 - March 2013, Bottighofen, Thurgau, Switzerland
Brief description: The DACH e-commerce Department is (in monetary terms) the most important Unit at HolidayCheck AG as more than 80% of revenues are generated there. Developed projects had to exist in a high performance and high-availability environment. This was achieved with two cross functional teams - frontend & backend developers, Usability engineers, Testers, and Product Managers.
Activity: Agile Team Leadership & Team Building, Scrum Mastering, requirements analysis (user stories / epics), process management, Scrum training sessions, training new Scrum Masters, liaising with eight teams from the DACH and the international departments.
• Offerlisting 2.0 (focus: increase in conversion) ~ 4MY
• New form elements (focus: usability & technologystack) ~ 3MY
• New offer- & bookingservices (focus: performance) ~ 4MY
• Introduction of Kanban to an IT Operations Team (focus: time to market)
Federal Computation Center, ScrumMaster
January 2009 - July 2011, Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Brief description: My former Team at the Federal Computing Center was responsible for liaising with the Austrian Labour Market Service, printing of all documents and letters to the unemployed and creating the payment orders of unemployment benefits (several billion euros/year) to the austrian unemployed.
Activity: In the five years at the FCC I developed myself from a software engineer to an analyst and on to project manager. Finally I moved into the realm of agile management and introduced Scrum to the company with an incubator team. Thus I became the company’s first Scrum Master.
Technologies: Apache/FOP, PL/1, PHP, SVN, HTML, DB2, CouchDB
• Introduction of Scrum to the company with an incubator team
• xSLT/XML documents & letters to the unemployed (focus: PL/1 -> PDF) ~ 12MY
• HostSVN (fokus: specialized web-VCS for PL/1) ~ 2MY
• Unemployment benefits calculator (focus: web-accessibility) ~ 1MY
• Unemployment-DWH (focus: reduction of costs) ~ 4MY