Bio not yet available for Mihai Olaru. If you are Mihai Olaru, login and then click Edit Profile to get started.
PM Access, Agile Coach, Trainer
January 2011 - Present, Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
Working with software development teams to discover and use their full potential.
Trainer for “Agile Scrum for Teams”, “Target PMI-ACP Certification”, “Agile Awareness”, “Project Management Fundamentals”, “Agile Estimation Techniques”, “Agile Retrospectives” and more.
Avangate, Program Manager
April 2014 - May 2016, Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
• Managed the R&D related projects to insure the oversight of the objectives, statuses and cross-project interactions.
• Worked with the cross-functional teams reach the desired project deliverables in the agreed timelines
• Balanced resources, adjusting priorities and determining the optimal schedule, to achieve the overall objectives, while keeping the customer constraints in balance with the internal product needs.
• Guided the R&D Project Managers and Scrum Masters on the current projects and towards a PM career path
• Proposed efficient PM reporting tools to reflect progress throughout the projects in the portfolio.
• Worked with Product Management teams to plan each release and iteration.
• Was Involved in the R&D hiring process
Avangate, Project Manager / ScrumMaster
June 2010 - April 2014, Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
• Lead the software development projects.
• Worked closely with R&D Managers and Product Management to create a suitable Agile working environment for Avangate’s software development projects, to match the fast paced market and the ever changing priorities.
• Applied Agile Scrum process framework. Improved / adapted it throughout the years.
• Acted as Scrum Master for the cross-functional team (Dev, Testing and UX).
• Trained the team members in the Agile principles, practices and tools.
• Extended the Agile practices to other parts of the organization, through training.
• Scaled the team structure to 3 cross-functional teams, + 1 maintenance team, each lead by its own Scrum Master.
• Represented the full Project Management function in the R&D area, combining traditional PM techniques with scaled Agile practices like Scrum of Scrums.
• Administered and defined flows for the task tracking tool used in Avangate.
• Defined and updated software development procedures, describing the processes and flows used internally.
• Analyzed product feature request / organized estimation sessions / clarified business and technical requirements / measured progress /prepared audit materials for software development activities /was involved in new team member hiring process