Mahesh Chavan is 14 years experienced Result Oriented Technology Leader who can lead business transformations through technology solutions combined with a great deal of initiative and enthusiasm.
· Over 7 years of experience working with multiple government agencies for implementing Cúram Framework for Social Services and Human Services application, domain knowledge of Eligibility and Welfare products. Such as Food Stamp, Child Care, Child Welfare, TANF, Medicare etc.
· Proven capability in Ground breaking, setting up Project Goals and Escalation processes through coordination of Business, Functional, Infrastructure and Database teams, with engagement at multiple levels within the organization. Not afraid to take the Initiative and risk, while being accountable for own efforts.
· Working in Cúram since version 1.5 and currently working on version 5.2
· During the course of career worked in almost every role apart from System DBA, starting with Tester, Developer, Team Lead (leading team of 3 to 15 developers), System Administrator, Rational Tool Administrator, QA IV & V Consultant to Architect.
· Agile / Scrum Trained and Certified Scrum Master (CSM) and Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSOP)
· Agile Lifecycle implementer on Multi-Tier heterogeneous Systems, involving Scope, Specifications, Architecture, Design, POC, Parallel Iterative Development, Integration, Testing (Functional, Load and Performance), Release, Revision, and Maintenance.
· On eREP Project in 2004 and in 2007 developed the fast pace Cúram training program with more practical approach and best practices to Business Analyst, Development and testing team.
· Extensive experience in applying Cúram SP (Service Pack), EP (Emergency Patch) and upgrading Cúram version (like from 4.0 to 4.2 etc…).
· Have proven approach to version the Rules and developed scripts, which can be further improved and integrated to automated build process.
· Designed and implemented policies and procedures to work on multiple releases at same time with minimum impact.
· Implemented automated build and deployment process (incremental, staging and nightly), which significantly improved quality of release and more important reduced turnaround time to test team.
· Facilitate JAD sessions and requirement gathering work groups, designed and developed Fit-Gap analysis templates for Cúram implementations.
· Implemented design and code review procedures using Rational ClearQuest, conducted design and code reviews.
· Implemented coding standards in eclipse using Plug-in, installed code review standards, code coverage and unit testing as automated build process.
· Is point of contact for Cúram Support, and have identified problems, defects with OOTB Cúram framework. Generated / monitored over 100 Cúram tickets and got them resolved.
· Part of team for estimating efforts in terms of man hours and costing to upgrade Cúram 4.5 to 5.2 and 6.0, successfully submitted formal project plan to state management for this effort.
· Written response to multiple RFP, RFQ and RFIs, many REP responses are turned into awards including State of Utah, eREP and recent State of North Carolina where ConnVertex is now approved vendor.
· Worked with team to create presentations and personally demonstrated Cúram solutions to NY DOL, NYC DJJS and NYC DoITT on behalf of MAXIMUS, KPMG and Visionary Integration Professionals (VIP) Consulting.