Lifion by ADP,
October 2016 - Present, New York, NY
Director, Technical Project Management
Serve in leadership position with oversight of information technology and engineering operations for Lifion, a spinoff of ADP, focused on reimagining human capital management (HCM) technologies and services. Identify needs and implement solutions to improve engineering capabilities and efficiencies. Introduce enterprise project portfolio management practices while building a comprehensive support team with consistent, standardized operating practices.
• Assessed Operations team capabilities, implemented process improvements and technology standards.
• Worked with engineering leads and architects to review and establish streamlined practices, which included automation of code into production environment and testing.
• Configured new platform for feature, defect, and task tracking, which included addressing development issues. Worked with engineering leads to institute tools.
• Built program dashboards and introduced knowledge management tools to improve quality, accessibility, and communication.
Macy's, Director of Technology
November 2015 - October 2016, New York, NY
Recruited to manage various technical departments and provide strategic direction to service desk, application development, and project management teams to secure alignment with business needs. Negotiated vendor contracts and managed engagement. Oversaw technologists supporting internal systems and legacy custom applications. Managed $10M IT budget.
• Introduced tools and processes, including new help desk ticketing system and SLAs to track progress. Efforts improved customer service, eliminated backlog in response, and led to more strategic technology approach.
• Collaborated with software team leads and directed assessment of existing custom enterprise applications and needs to meet organizational priorities. Improved support model and created go-forward strategy.
• Built PMO to standardize and introduce economies of repetition in execution of projects. Hired and trained resources and executed agile coaching.
CPXi, VP PMO & IT
September 2012 - May 2015,
Assumed increasing levels of accountability via promotion for this digital media holding company that provides services and technologies to publishers, advertisers, and consumers in online advertising space. Oversaw and mentored IT team, project managers, and software engineers. Stood up PMO and implemented project management standards. Served as member of executive team to define corporate strategic initiatives. Directed team of 20 and combined budgets of $3M+.
• Worked with C-suite and executive leaders to define business needs and promote technological vision and execution. Leveraged relevant technology to drive differentiated value to internal teams and customers.
• Restructured contracts, assessed infrastructure, and engaged vendors to deliver solutions and services.
• Reduced IT overhead by $1M by eliminating unnecessary spending and negotiating improved contracts.
• Established cadence to review budgets, as well as how information was documented, shared, and communicated. Transitioned finance to NetSuite to manage financials, operations, and customer relations in the cloud. Rolled out JIRA to manage internal work.
• Implemented scrum as software development framework; drafted supporting documentation and tools, trained and mentored team members, scrum masters, and product owners.
Bloomberg LP, R&D Manager
July 2010 - September 2012,
Hired to build team and deliver internal content management system to Bloomberg developers and create product vision and roadmap. Engaged with stakeholders to determine storage and information needs. Developed project lifecycle and implemented project management best practices. Built and migrated tools to highly successful platform used extensively by Bloomberg staff. Set direction for product suite and oversaw development of custom HRIS system.
Red Hat, Sr IT Project Manager
February 2008 - May 2010, Raleigh, NC
Managed IT programs and departmental initiatives to build and maintain business support systems. Led design and launch of Scrum framework. Managed in-place upgrade of Saba learning management system (LMS). Served as scrum master for RHEL bit-delivery infrastructure developed in PHP, Perl, and Akamai. Directed implementation of new Salesforce implementation.