DELL, Senior Software Advisor
August 2009 - Present, , Malaysia
• Developing and supporting CLASS 1 databases, which are the back bone of dell.com, with 10,000 orders per hour, which generates USD 64 billion revenue a year.
• Review the architecture and data model to ensure the high availability and scalability of Dell online sales applications with 0 downtime (24x7 live).
• Being Oracle DBA and PL/SQL developer to design and enhance the next version of Dell online quote/order system under E-Dell and USP (Unified Sales Program).
• Participate in SDLC, include system design, development, and implementation and testing for large enterprise projects.
• Act as primary point of developer and support for SODB (Sales Order) and QMS (Quote Management System) database changes, running on Oracle 11g and 10g RAC, with Oracle Streams and Oracle standby setup.
• Work closely with project team members from US, Malaysia and India to handle PL/SQL development.
• Analyze requirements and provide the feasibility of the implementation date in term of risk, resource and timeline. Responsible for implementation and release of database changes.
• Investigate and fix the Dell online sales database production issues.
• Achieve service excellence and maintain operation efficiency.
• Responsible for improvement and maintenance of the databases to include rollout and upgrades.
• Code review to ensure code quality as according to the PL/SQL Standard guideline.
• Hands on experience with performance testing and query tuning for high availability.
• Be scrum master
Affiliated Computer Services (ACS), Senior Oracle Database Administrator/Data architect
September 2008 - July 2009, , Malaysia
• Gather and analyze enhancements to enterprise data models and data architecture components.
• To ensure high availability and scalability of databases.
• Plan, execute and manage/monitor database (migration, data loading, upgrade, backup, security).
• Troubleshoot performance issue in production (query statements, Oracle transparent gateway, etc).
• Assist development team to redesign application/ERD, rewrite SQL statement and tuning for best performance.
• Complete tasks within short timeframe given by following ISO 20000 processes (complete documentation, risk management, change management, problem management, incident management, etc).
• Enforce the change control process
• Provide detailed impact analysis assessments for data architecture
Intel, Senior Software Engineer
May 2001 - June 2008,
• Lead and design database objects, stored procedure, etc.
• Conduct or participate in information gathering workshops, interviews, design sessions and facilitate meetings with key business and technical owners to understand current environment and capture the business needs and develop conceptual business models and derive requirements for target state.
• Path finding new Oracle technology.
• As senior Oracle database developer to do Oracle PL/SQL coding, query performance tuning.
• As Oracle DBA, responsible for database engineering, development and maintenance of the development and mission critical production databases in China, US, Costa Rica and Malaysia. Database engineering tasks include database sizing, transaction analysis, physical and logical design, security, backup and recovery planning, database initialization parameters configuration, performance tuning, Oracle failover, Oracle RAC etc.
• Provide technical mentoring to juniors on Oracle 8i, 9i, 10g and play an active role in establishing best known methods.
• Initiate: Divide the large project into phases, according to prioritizations.
• Planning: Collect project requirements and perform impact analysis from global customers. Responsible for schedule estimation, scope, quality, risk assessment of projects, etc involved.
• Execution: As team lead to manage virtual team located in Pudong (China), India, US and Malaysia. Facilitate development tasks and testing to ensure the team continuously meets the key project milestones. Resolve conflicts.
• Monitor and Control: Manage and prioritize global stakeholders’ expectations (communications, scope, quality, risk, schedule, etc); scope verification.
• Closing: User acceptance test and document lesson learned.
XiMnet (M) Sdn Bhd, Web Developer, MS SQL Database Administrator
March 2000 - April 2001, , Malaysia
MS SQL Server Administrative/Developer (T-SQL), ASP Programming, Building Active-X Components