Kushki, Co-Founder & Board Member
September 2015 - Present, Quito, EC
Co-Founder & Board Member
Primpas Consulting, Founder & CEO
April 2015 - Present, Foxboro, Massachusetts, US
• Agile Assessments, Training and Coaching organizations and engineering teams in Scrum, Kanban, SAFe and various hybrid approaches.
• Product Roadmap definition and creation.
• Offshore Engineering Team management.
• Process Improvement Consulting.
September 2015 - April 2017, Quito, EC
Kushki is the exclusive supplier in Latin America of the Aurus Payment Gateway platform, a PCI Level 1 certified technology
• Delivered the Kushki Product Roadmap featuring a Payment Box that integrates to either a website, iOS or Android device supporting features of Payment Deferment, Recurring Payments and the ability to Remember Me, store credit card data for future use .
• Scrum Master /Agile Coach of two Scrum teams, one in Quito, Ecuador the other at the Aurus location in Pune, India,.
• Recruited, hired and transitioned support of the Kushki MVP Product to a local CTO and Technical Support Team in Ecuador.
• Created all Operational Processes across the company locations in Ecuador, NY and Boston supporting Engineering, Sales, On-boarding and Technical Support using JIRA and Confluence.
Leaf Holdings, Scrum Master/Agile Coach
March 2014 - March 2015, Cambridge, MA, US
Program Manager and Agile Coach for the Leaf platform, an Android POS tablet and cloud based software tool (SaaS) for business management and analytics.
• Driving and coaching Agile and SCRUM methodologies and ceremonies for 30+ product development resources including six Scrum teams and four external vendors.
• Created an Agile Kanban process with offshore vendor team improving transparency, quality and reducing production down time.
• Coaching cross-functional teams software development best practices working towards continuous improvement.
• Support to Sales and Customer Support to drive fast turn around of high priority Payment gateway processor integrations to win new accounts and prevent customer churn.
• Support to Customer On-boarding team providing timely solutions leading to improved customer experience.
• Improved vendor relationship management process providing transparency into clear deliverables.
Guidance Technology, Agile Program Manager
July 2013 - February 2014, Cambridge, US
Program manager of large scale Pegasystems implementation to replace a legacy Underwriting and Claims business processing system.
• Program Manager of three Agile Scrum Teams including two external vendors, onshore and offshore.
• Provided transparency into program status and progress to Executive management team by mapping Sprint deliverables to a MS Project Plan helping to bridge the gap between the business and development.
EMC, Agile Consultant/Coach
July 2012 - May 2013, Hopkinton, MA
Created a strategically phased Agile Transformation plan for a 2K+ person global organization to implement the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe).
• Collaborated closely with internal Agile champions on executing the Agile transformation across locations including various US offices, Russia, China, and France.
• Key contributor in cross functional Agile Working Group executing an Agile transformation backlog.
• Created and facilitated the vendor selection process for an Agile Coaching and Training Plan including writing the RFP, creating the detailed business case and final vendor recommendation.
• Created and conducted Agile Assessments for a team of ~400 developers, presented results to stakeholders with detailed analysis and recommendations that increased velocity by over 58% within one iteration.
• Identified and made recommendations for addressing organizational impediments to Agile adoption.
• Provided Agile training to executives, Scrum Masters, Product Owners, Development managers and other stakeholders.
• Mentored Scrum Masters, Product Owners and Engineering Managers for 70 non co-located teams.
• Ran Retrospectives for new teams to show various approaches.
• Provided subject matter expertise on a wide range of Agile topics including Scrum, Kanban, Scrum of Scrums, Retrospectives, Stand ups, Test Driven Development and Continuous Integration.
Cengage Learning, Scrum Master
March 2010 - September 2011, Boston, MA
Certified Scrum Master coaching Agile cross functional teams of Software Development, QA, Web Hosting, Product Management, Editorial writers and three external vendors, some offshore, with a budget of over $5M using Scrum and Kanban.
• Facilitated numerous concurrent releases of Cengage Learning's top selling digital product, SAM, a skills assessment and training system for Microsoft Office products marketed and distributed to the college level. The product was sold to over 600K users with over 2M visits increasing revenue 62%. These releases improved performance and significantly reducing the volume of customer support calls.
• Trained teams at each level in the areas of Agile planning, daily ceremonies and implemented practices that are used as a model for other teams within the company.
• Mentored the development teams in practicing the core Agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability, and visibility.
• Organized and facilitated the Scrum Ceremonies (Iteration Planning, Daily Scrum, Planning Poker, Demo, Retrospective and Release Planning).
• Tracked and communicated the Iteration burndown chart, team velocity and release progress.
• Identified and removed impediments and prevented distractions.
• Facilitated discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution.
• Empowered the team to self-organize.
• Served as point of contact for internal and external communication improving transparency.
• Facilitated prioritization and resolution of defects/bugs.
• Facilitated backlog grooming supporting the Product Owner.