American Mining Insurance Company - A W.R. Berkley Company, SVP and CIO
November 2009 - Present, Birmingham, AL, United States
SVP, CIO, Scrum Master, agile mentor, agile transformation evangelist
- Claims Center 7 data migration and validation from the legacy system
- Data warehouse consumption of Claims Center 7 data and validation
Guidewire Claims Center/
- Management of IT staff
- Management of onsite PWC consultants
- Liaison for Berkley Technology Services
- Radiating project information to American Mining Senior Staff
- Mediating any disagreements between camps
Endeavor - Agency management, quoting, policy issuance, and billing for workers compensation insurance
Served as Scrum Master and ETL specialist for the project
Forte Incorporated, Sr Consultant
May 1999 - October 2009, Pelham, AL, United States
• Lead Technical Designer and Developer for LifeTrac™ a Visual FoxPro / MS- SQL Server application. This wide-area network application integrates multiple functions to assist paramedics in routing severely injured trauma and stroke patients to the most appropriate hospital.
The Birmingham LifeTrac system runs 24x7x365 and includes redundant data systems and data warehousing of patient information. LifeTrac has already assisted in the rapid routing of over 33,000 critically injured trauma and stroke patients. The system is a premier technology for early warning of biological/chemical terrorism and is the only system in the country to receive and direct GM On-Star™ crash data to hospital trauma teams.
Forte’, Forté client BREMSS and the Birmingham LifeTrac system are the winners of the prestigious 2006 Mitretek Innovations Award in Homeland Security presented by Mitretek Systems and Harvard University and the 2007 Microsoft Healthcare User Group “Healthcare Innovation Award” Winner for Interoperability.
Project and technical lead for ICAMS. ICAMS is an insurance system that was created by American Mining for policy, claims, accounting and statistical reporting for worker’s compensation. John was the technical and project lead for installations at Amerisafe Insurance and First Commercial Insurance of Florida.