Jerry D. Hall
1044 W. Balmoral Ave, #2C, Chicago, IL 60640, ph. 773-706-7249
- IT Operations specialist with 8 years of experience leveraging technologies to drive process improvements, execute release deployments/ change management, ensuring quality results and cost reductions.
- Adept at implementing processes and guiding process reengineering, as well as requirements gathering, progress reporting, and team management.
- Recognized ability in working cross-functionally for developing groups into high-performance teams in various IT disciplines.
- Skilled in SDLC, PMP, Six Sigma and Scrum methodologies.
- Knowledge of IBM Maximo, Remedy and Service-Now ticketing systems.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Release Management
- SDLC Knowledge
- Agile Methodology
- Service Management
- Change Management knowledge
- Process Improvements
- Six Sigma
- Requirements Gathering
- Critical Analysis
- Process Reengineering
- Problem Solving
- Relationship Building
- Customer Satisfaction
- Team Building
- ITIL v3
ADDITIONAL TRAINING & CERTIFICATIONS
- Six Sigma Greenbelt
- ITIL v3 Certified
- Certified Agile Scrum Master
- Product Owner/ Facilitator
CNA Insurance 07/2014 – 08/2015
Enterprise Release Management Specialist
- Assist in oversight with governance of execution for Downstream Testing
- Assist project teams in preparing for deployment weekend readiness
- Continuous process improvement of release planning and management.
- Promote implementation standardization across all application development groups.
- Collaborate with client management and project teams to identify and meet project objectives.
- Coordinate schedules and assigned project tasks.
- Evaluate and report progress in terms of quality and performance metrics.
- Work with client departments to coordinate projects across the enterprise.
- Review and analyze and report project status using established metrics against the plan.
BMO Harris Bank, US 02/2014 – 07/2014
Release Manager, Governance
- Responsible for the planning and delivery of all known IT projects across all business units, releases and functional area
- Overseer of Release Management governance
- Spearheaded Release Management process changes
- Facilitate cross functional weekly meeting to review Release Intakes
- Manage possible collisions and impacts for Bundle and Minor Releases
- Reported status of Major Release health to Executive and Mid Management weekly
- Manage Minor Releases impact analysis
- Liaison to the business units and PMO Leaders
- Gate keeping for Go/No Go process for Bundle and Independent Releases
- Spearheaded the adoption of Change Management into the organization
- Manage Release Management team SharePoint site
- Conducted cross functional project impact sessions
PepsiCo, Chicago, IL 10/2013 – 01/2014
- Facilitate cross functional Release meetings.
- Liaison with Change Management on updates and changes to Release schedule.
- Central point of contact to Regional Project Managers.
- Manage weekly and monthly Status reports to Senior Management.
- Facilitates & documents pilot and full deployment lessons learned.
- Creates & maintains the project contact list for deployment with the Business project manager.
- Identify, resolve and escalate issues and Risks related to pilot/deployment.
Hyatt Corporation, Chicago, IL 08/2012 – 08/2013
- Facilitation cross-functional brainstorming sessions.
- Manage master task list that spans across multiple functions.
- Manage a staff of 7; Six (6) Property System Specialists, and a Project coordinator.
- Facilitate Senior Management Project Reporting Monthly meeting.
- Create and Update Project Plan.
- Work with operations team on Disaster Recovery plan.
- Maintain Risk and Mitigation documentation.
- Manage resource hours and availability.
Tiaa Cref, Charlotte, NC 05/2011 - 09/2011
Senior Implementation Manager
- Worked with Project Managers, Program Mangers, and senior leadership of the business to develop strategies and approaches for implementations.
- Created Deployment schedules with MS Project
- Assisted in the creation of processes and procedures for Release Management and Implementation Management teams.
- Maintained PCI compliances
- Facilitated the overall coordination of IT deployment planning.
- Provided detailed planning, manages issues, risks, and resources of work to fulfill implementations.
- Supported the communication of IT implementation project milestones, supporting Project manager/Program managers.
- Assisted senior management in coordinating business area activities and balancing workload.
- Assisted in process reengineering.
- Facilitated cross-functional meeting prior to implementations.
PETSMART, Inc, Phoenix, AZ 05/2009 - 05/2011
Release Manager/Deployment Manager
- Liaison and IS Point of contact to Store Operations, Merchandising, Human Resources, Construction and Real Estate to manage change impacts.
- Created As-Is and Future State MS Powerpoint and MS Visio presentation
- Developed deployment schedules with MS Project
- Developed Release and Deployment Process with no guidance from upper management.
- Successfully managed hardware, and numerous software implementations with no SLA misses, PCI compliance projects and the opening of 40 new stores, including Alaska and Puerto Rico.
- Developed a successful cross-functional Release Management team to Govern final deployment schedules and create strategic plans to avoid collisions of initiatives and reduce resource impacts.
- Developed a Data Storage SharePoint Portal for the Point of Sale, Quality Assurance, Store Services and Store Operation teams.
- Liaison between the business sectors and IT.
- Managed implementations at various complexity levels.
- Created and managed implementation schedule, identifying critical path activities and risks.
- Ensured appropriate communication within the project team.
- Ensured appropriate business and IT representation in project deployment planning activities.
- Created and maintain the project contact list for deployment with the Business project manager.
- Validated deployment resource estimates against work plan, confirm resource availability, and negotiate with IT managers to resolve resource issues.
- Create the organizations Release and Deployment management process.
- Facilitated weekly meeting with cross functional representation.
AAA Northern California, Nevada And UT, Glendale, AZ 11/2002 - 11/2008
Release Manager, Agile Initiatives, and non-standard Implementations
Release Manager, Agile Initiatives, and non-standard Implementations
- Created yearly Release Window Calendar for the enterprise to indicate Infrastructure changes, Agile Changes, and Network Changes.
- Successfully managed multiple releases simultaneously into the organization environment with no SLA misses.
- Organized and facilitated impact analysis cross-functional sessions to alleviate silos.
- Managed several implementations at one time with minimal or no collisions or impacts.
- Created metrics for Incident and Problem management of Point Of Sale implementations.
- Managed cross-functional and off shore teams.
- Successful at communicating with all levels within the organizational.
- Familiarity of Iseries OS7.
Senior Process Engineer/ IT Facilitator
- Created sustainable and reusable process for this role to support process implementation and develop improvements in existing change management processes.
- Pared the review-board process from a 2-week roundtable meeting to a virtual meeting using electronic signature emails that took only 1 to 5 business days.
- Reduced the handling time of standard desktop application requests from 6 weeks to 3 weeks or less.
- Eliminated redundant requirements within the change management department, and scaled back the number of forms required to implement changes to the production environment.
Supervisor, IT Service Desk
- Responsible for managing the day-to-day operations for the technical support for over 9000 employees in multiple locations.
- Created the training and on-boarding processes and procedures for office staff and off-shore team.
- Responsible for assigning appropriate personnel to various support tasks and incidents.
- Managed departmental budget.
Leader, Diversity and Inclusion Counsel
- Manage council yearly budget.
- Liaison to Human Resources.
- Responsible to facilitate the creating of council working agreements and operating guidelines.
AAA Northern California, Nevada, and Utah, San Francisco, CA 11/2001 - 11/2002
Service / Support Desk Team Lead
- First point of contact for the employees of AAA Northern California, Nevada and Utah (CSAA).
- Managed PeopleSoft accounts and maintained usernames and password throughout enterprise.
- Managed VPN account data through internet providers.
- Scheduled install and cancellations of home offices and cell phone accounts with providers.
Apple Vacations, Inc, San Diego, CA 02/2001 - 10/2001
Supervisor - Talent And Development
In 2000, Apple Vacations, Inc. an East Coast based organization established a West Coast headquarters to compete with several competitors with travel to Europe and Mexico.
- Managed a team of (3) three Quality Assurance and Analysis.
- Developed the training programs and evaluation materials for the new employees.
San Diego Human Dignity Foundation, San Diego, CA 07/2000 - 10/2001
- SDHDF is a non-profit Lesbian, Gay, Bi-Sexual, Transgender Organization focused on creating a unity between the heterosexual and homosexual communities through education and mentoring.
- Supervised the organization services program and daily operations.
- Developed programs, solicited funds through telemarketing.
- Effective in delivering public relations, including but not limited to delivering formal presentations, written communications and planning and conducting fund-raising campaigns.
- Event Planner.
Woodside Homes, Salt Lake City, UT 07/1998 – 07/2000
Real Estate Agent
- Streamlined enterprise internet access process to save the organization $150,000 a year.
- Voted in as Arizona Office of Diversity and Inclusion council.
- Developed software implementation, data storage and license capturing process.
- Created enterprise Release Management process for Agile and non-standard implementations, and trained the organization on the process and procedures.
- Marketed homes in the local community by utilizing a proven successful marketing plan.
- Provided tours of company model homes and providing exposure.
- Created sales brochures for each listing to profitably market the home. Promote sales of properties through advertisements, open houses, and participation in multiple listing services.
- Negotiated the best possible contract for clients. Work with home inspectors and appraisers to determine any and all actions that need to be taken prior to closing.
- Ensured that all terms of the contract are met prior to closing; successfully closed 15 transactions in the last 12 months at the agency.
- Project-managed the consolidation of 9 tele-servicing groups.