Institute of Engineering and Management, Research Director/ Agile Coach
September 2013 - Present, San Francisco, California
IEM is an Agile Project Management, Training, and Research institute - the only institute in Silicon Valley with authority of certifying in Enterprise Engineering:
- I coach, train, and develop content on PMP®, Agile, SAFe 4.0, Scrum, and Enterprise Engineering
- I present, write and publish scientific and white papers on Agile
- I delivered consulting services for high profile clients including supervision of research projects
Autodesk Inc, Agile Coach / Scrum Master
January 2016 - January 2017, San Francisco, CA, US
- I was coaching on Agile, Scrum and Kanban while the company was fully transforming to Agile and cloud enterprise
- I served as JIRA, JIRA Portfolio, and JIRA Confluence administrator for cloud analytics project.
Delft University of Technology, Associate Professor
June 2008 - September 2016, Delft, South Holland
In this Europe’s 3rd top technology university, I supervised graduate research projects for high profile clients including Fortune 100:
1) ING Bank (2009-2012): Supervised the entire cycle for several graduate research projects:
- Agile Transformation study to adapt Agile frameworks such as Scrum, XP
- Process improvement resulting in increased efficiency and formation of simulation group
2) Capgemini (2008-2009): Supervised a graduate research project “Transport Management from a shipper’s perspective. The result of the project was published as a peer refereed paper ”Analysis of the Factors Influencing Transport Outsourcing Decision Making” in 2009.
3) Royal HaskoningDHV (2009-2011): Delivered System Engineering consulting for this Europe’s leading project management and engineering, and consulting company.
4) Rabobank: Closely studied the banking transaction processing system and other services
5) Heineken: Supervised a project for lean production and elimination of waste
6) Unilever: Supervised supply chain improvement project studying various strategies as an input
7) Healthcare: Supervised research and development projects (US, Europe, South Africa):
- Analyzed patient logistics and improved healthcare processes in large hospitals;
- Managed business process redesign of lab tests for a large hospital
- Studied and analyzed the Dutch national electronic medical records (EMR) system
- Served as technical and functional product supervisor, full application life cycle management from idea (business need) to prototype of a healthcare information system for patients’ records in South African rural areas, jointly funded by the Dutch and South African governments.
8) Research and Supervision:
- Formed a research team on enterprise engineering and Agile Enterprise
- Delivered training on System Engineering
- Supervised and evaluated PhD and MSc students internationally
- Published research papers in high impact scientific journals