Plank Inc, Consultant
August 2016 - Present, Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Plank Inc is a start-up that seeks to incubate technology solutions in spaces that is shaping the future of humanity. I am involved in this start-up as a consultant from the earliest stages. Here are my contributions in this organization from an Agile point-of-view:
- Designed an Agile software development and delivery process based on Scrum and Kanban.
- Deployed the process using Atlassian JIRA.
- Trained the team of developers, managers and the leadership on Scrum and Kanban.
- Coached the team in real-time on the usage of the process on a daliy-basis.
- Hand-held, trained and institutionalized engineering practices like Test-Driven Development, Pair programming, Continuous Integration, and Continuous Deployment.
- Contributed as the architect and primary developer of the enterprise backend of a few products.
CSC, Senior manager - Application Architect
July 2012 - July 2016, Bangalore, Karnataka, India
As part of my role, I am trying to setup an Agile Center of Excellence (CoE) with a team of peers distributed across various locations. The role of the CoE shall be to evangelise Agile practices in the organization, steer the transition of the organization to Agile, conduct trainings on various Agile methods, interact and consult with delivery roles on special situations in their projects, etc.,
Accenture, Associate Manager
October 2011 - June 2012, Bangalore, Karnataka, India
As Associate Manager, I was a consulting Project manager with Nokia in Nokia's Symbian Smartphone organization's Multimedia division and worked at their client site in Bangalore, India. During this experience the primary work involved:
- Managing a transition project wherein the Gallery multimedia software app achieved final delivery and was transferred to a team in Finland as part of post-delivery long-term maintenance phase. This project was managed and delivered using Scrum.
- Fault maintenance and deliveries of fixes to prioritised issues reported in Gallery app.
Nokia, Scrum Master / Project Manager / Program Manager / Line Manager / Software specialist
July 2007 - September 2010, Bangalore, Karnataka, India
In Nokia I worked in various roles as part of the Multimedia organization of Nokia's Symbian Smartphones R&D Organization. I was associated with delivery of Photos (a.k.a Gallery) application to Nokia's Symbian smartphones. Photos has been the primary app used to view images and captured videos on every Nokia smartphone since early 2008.
- As CSM, managed Scrum teams within Team Photos to deliver features to Photos, managed dependencies with multiple teams for synchronized deliveries using Scrum-of-Scrums.
- As Agile Project Manager, managed delivery of Photos side features to several Epics.
- As Solid Line Manager, managed a team of 9 with their KRAs, appraisals, training and progression needs, salary disbursals and general wellbeing in Nokia.
- As Software Specialist, acted as one of the Technical Leads and Liasion points to distributed Photos teams in Bangalore and London. Also, participated in setting up a completely cross-functional team in Bangalore and eventual total handover of Photos from London to Bangalore.