Mercator Solutions, Project and Product Delivery - Engineering
September 2014 - May 2016, Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Plan the releases and delivery of the overall SkyChain Product and the BAU customer Projects in accordance with the mission and the goals of the organization.
Played a key role in the Agile transformation of the organization
Serve as an Agile and/or a scrum expert, leading scrum teams and acting as the scrum master
- Monitor the resource distribution of the program and ensure that the resource risks are mitigated working with Project Managers/Scrum Masters, resourcing and vendor teams.
- Estimation of the Product Backlog items, coming up with customer release plans aligning with the road map.
- Coordinate internal/vendor team member activities so that their deliverables are seamlessly integrated and delivered on a timely basis.
- Facilitate client checkpoints and lead recurring project status meetings
- Serve as the liaison between internal/external teams and keeps all parties well-informed of relevant project updated, decisions, actions, issues and risk
- Provide project oversight and client management, and secure new opportunities within an existing account relationship
- Partnered with Product Management and Client engagement to design the comprehensive gap analysis of the existing roadmap with the customer committed featuresfacilitating CCB and roadmap meetings.
- Implemented best practices such as Test Driven development (TDD) and peer review in the Sprints for quality deliveryto the customer
- Implemented SkyChain release calendar, a simple but effective tool to record and track the daily releases.
- Asses the vendor requirement and manage the vendor team delivery as part of the Scrum team.
- Coach, train and mentor team members.
- Conduct weekly and monthly status reports internally and to the client as needed; at key project milestones and provide project status reports on the effectiveness of the engagement against the baseline plan.
Tesco, Agile Coach
May 2014 - September 2014, Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Agile coach-• Bring in a step change in the agile eco-system currently in practice in the organization
• 60% of my time on coaching experienced agile practitioners to boost their performance and proficiency in agile software development.
• 10% of my time on Agile practice training to improve understanding and skills on the Agile teams
• Subject matter expert and teams consider me as a go-to person for any guidance required for agile practice adoption
• Drive organisational Initiatives and deliver business value,30% of my time in consultative interventions to foster process improvements
• Manage multiple priorities from different stakeholders and deliver the most valued results
• Analyse facts and provide insights to Senior Management resulting in Organizational improvements
• The people I worked with are:
o IT Director
o Head of Engineering
o Product Owners
o Experienced Scrum Masters
o Scrum teams
o HR Services
o Program Management Office
o Career Development Model(CDM) – Training team
Deloitte Services, Technical Delivery Manager
January 2010 - December 2013, Hyderabad, Telangana, India
• Responsible for delivering IT application development and Quality, forWSG portfolio comprising of about 20+ products inclusive of in-house built and vendor applications
• Responsible for effort planning, estimation and acquiring resources working with multiple functional leaders.
• Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
• Identify needed resources for special projects; form appropriate Scrum teams, define and assign major project roles.
• Carried out design thinking sessions to gain insights into end user and customer needs
• Managed the product backlog coordinating with with Product Managers to prioritize requirements, defined & managed scope and sprints for a release.
• Management of sprint activities like daily scrum, Scrum of scrums, and sprint retrospective.
• Preparation of sprint assessment and reviews with Business
• Interaction with Product owners for backlog fulfilling.
• Risk/Issue/Dependencies tracking and mitigation working with the teams and identified stakeholders and leadership
• Sprint progress tracking and risk management.
• Scrum metrics governance for metrics like sprint velocity, defects backlogs, defect removal efficiency, burn chartsetc
• Coordinating with the stakeholders and clients in early stages of Product Development Life Cycle to strategize on the service delivery model, SLA’s and resources for the product support
• Making sure that the service levels objectives for each single business application in the portfolio (measuring and reporting KPIs for SL fulfilment calculation) are fulfilled
• Accountable for tracking services team success tied along with its post deployment support, incidents adhering to the SLA and root cause analysis
• Responsible for planning, organizing, following up and reporting progress for the maintenance assignments
• Representing the channel in weekly portfolio call with the Portfolio Leads and Stakeholders