Maykel Gomez has over 15 years of diversified experience in Software Development, Project Management and Corporate Sales. His focus is excellence in communications, building strong client and employee relationships, increasing profitability through software training, problem solving and the implementation of software, and meeting all client needs.
- Combining strong corporate sales background with IT education to lead software development team towards meeting business objectives.
- Managed web solutions, PC and Mobile Point of Sale (iOS and Android) products.
- Led change by implementing many Agile processes from the ground up to produce higher quality software.
- Introduced points based estimating; tracking and reporting metrics via Burn Down charts; helped business side understand backlog grooming and prioritization.
- Has served as a staunch advocate of separation of code layers, and test driven development.
Has worked on projects that include:
- Mobile Software Development
- Web Based
- Offshore Coordination
- Hardware integration
Ascent Processing Inc., Senior Project Manager
November 2015 - Present, Houston, TX, United States
• Automate monthly analysis of merchant data. Calculate projected volumes using Selenium Python bindings, to automatically run nightly polling of the Processor tools
• Automate migration of CRM data to rearrange fields using Selenium Python bindings
• Automate additional business reports using Selenium Python bindings and Excel Macros in Visual Basic
• Automate Excel projection reports using custom Visual Basic Macros
• Manage gateway integration Projects, including ongoing QA and Support
• Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues with multiple payment processing and bank systems
• Manage Office 365 migration
• Provide guidance and manage client relationships
• Accomplishments: automating three key responsibilities has proved to save thousands of dollars in man hours, while guaranteeing accurate data. Better informed employees are equipped to work with the credit card processor and the merchant with key data, leading to potentially better attrition numbers.
Black Knight Financial Services, Project Manager / Release Management
July 2015 - October 2016, Houston, TX, United States
• Coordinate, facilitate, manage, control scheduled and approved change windows for product release and infrastructure maintenance windows.
• Assess risks and impacts to changes throughout the software development lifecycle (SLDC), ensuring minimal disruption to the organization and other client organizations.
• Analyze the SLDC for process improvements and automation opportunities.
• Work with development and release management teams to ensure business requirements are defined and solutions accurately designed to meet stated business needs.
• Work with all parties to resolve change related scheduling conflicts, according to established company practices.
• Coordinate and lead onshore and off-shore QA, Dev, Product Operations and Delivery teams during releases.
• Ensure adherence to release scope and schedule.
• Engage Delivery team to confirm client impact and that proper communication has been provided to client organizations.
• Provide clear release status communications to upper management via email and bridge checkpoints.
• Accomplishments: Led successful production release on the fourth week of joining the company. This includes: managing and coordinating resources, providing clear communication to key stakeholders of release status, new and reopened defects, so decisions could be made during the release time-frame.
eProcessing Network LLC, Project Manager
January 2012 - July 2015, Houston, TX
Lead software development team towards meeting business objectives using SCRUM. Manage web solutions, PC and Mobile Point of Sale (iOS and Android) products.
Implemented Agile processes from the ground up, resulting in higher quality software.
Introduced points based estimating; tracking and reporting metrics via Burn Down charts; helped business side understand backlog grooming and prioritization.
Promoted separation of code layers, and test driven development.
Established SCRUM meetings and artifacts.