Disney Studio Technology, ScrumMaster
October 2015 - Present, Glendale, CA, United States
• Disney Movies Anywhere - Disney, Disney Pixar, Marvel, and Star Wars titles on any device from any provider (Apple, Google, Amazon, Microsoft and Vudu). Easily manage, stream, and download your digital movie collection anywhere you go.
• KeyChest™ - Centrally managed service that powers Disney Movies Anywhere and enables the purchasing, managing, accessing, streaming, and storing of secure, verified digital content across multiple platforms and devices.
• Northstar - Content management and delivery system for streaming video clients. Includes modules for video licensing (DRM, Fairplay, Widevine), meta data and asset management, user creation and authentication, profile management, search, recommendations, personalization, analytics and legal services
• Agile management of streaming content projects leveraging a cross-functional team of product, design, quality assurance and engineering.
• Provide solutions, improve process and remove any roadblocks to productivity as scrum master for multiple initiatives.
• Capture and document objectives, timelines and roadmaps, coordinate stakeholders & resources, provide project communication.
• Support major projects through key steps in planning, execution, delivery and close.
• Product Management for teams and projects that have light/unexperienced or no Product management
Savings.com, Product Owner
March 2014 - October 2015, Los Angeles, CA
• Lead the redesign and re-launch of the Favado mobile grocery product, helping improve downloads, weekly active users and retention while maintaining a 4.5 star rating
• Created multivariate test sites for a mobile subscription service based off of the core Savings.com product. Used the data gathered to build financial projections and prove out the idea at multiple levels of success with a high level of certainty.
• Currently leading the redesign of the core web site (desktop and mobile) to refocus the design on product, content and an improved user experience.
• Built wireframes, prototypes and specifications for a mobile companion app, based off of the new design of the core site. Ran a number of user testing sessions to further improve the usability and messaging before beginning material and interaction design.
• Drive the planning and innovation of new and existing products across the company including business model canvasing, discovering pain points, proving out assumptions, and profit and loss financial projection modeling in Excel
• Review high-level concepts and create comprehensive product requirement documents
• Build wireframes and prototypes with stakeholder input, demo them to the development team and oversee the creation of technical product requirements
• Review product scorecards and real time analytics to direct feature research
• Coordinate with design, editorial, marketing and sales to create product roadmaps
• Prioritize development tasks with input from stakeholders and the development team
• Organize and monitor user testing, focus groups, app store reviews and all other feedback loops to continuously improve the products
• Champion continuous analytics integration and analysis with a focus on engagement
• Work with PR, Marketing, Sales and Design to define vision and strategy and to ensure successful product launches
Voice Media Group, Product Owner
September 2012 - March 2014, Los Angeles, CA, United States
• Lead the redesign and development of 25+ apps on iOS and Android, to improve usability and increase user engagement, growing pageviews by 46% year over year
• Worked with sales and marketing to create revenue opportunities across multiple platforms, including apps, mobile web, sms/text, push notifications, mobile newsletters, sponsored content and relevant, paid search results
• Implemented project management, help desk and bug tracking systems for all development, support and quality assurance departments, creating multiple channels for feedback, improving team communication and streamlining the QA processes resulting in higher store ratings and significantly reduced support response times
Village Voice Media, ScrumMaster
November 2004 - September 2012, Culver City, CA, United States
Mobile Project Manager, Corporate
Web Project Manager, Corporate
• Planned and managed full lifecycle projects from initial concept and requirement stages, through design and development, to final implementation, documentation and user training as a direct report to the Chief Information Officer.
• Managed development and support staff using Agile and Scrum techniques to ensure deadlines and budgets were met for all projects, both local and in conjunction with resources at multiple offsite locations, including outsourced developers.
• Managed multiple concurrent projects in assorted environments ranging in length from a few days to over a year with as many as 10 developers on a single project.
• Major projects included: Mobile site content design and development, iPhone and Android applications, major CMS data migrations, Blog CMS development and maintenance, Social Media integration (Facebook, Twitter, Digg, Stumble) and Search Engine Optimizations.
• Coordinated sharing of personnel resources with managers of multiple departments based on project requirements, personnel skills, availability and priority. Provided status and activity reports to all involved parties.
• Developed quality assurance procedures to ensure that all development met or exceeded functional requirements.
• Conducted performance appraisals and disciplinary reviews. Determined increases and bonuses based on both longevity and productivity. Provided direction and mentoring to staff to encourage both personal and professional growth.