Rally Software, Developer
September 2013 - Present, Boulder, CO, United States
Developer on an Agile team.
John Deere, Software Development Coach
March 2013 - August 2013, Urbandale, IA, US
● Define and track metrics to increase developer buy-in on best practices like test-first development
● Coach teams and mentor individuals on
○ Professional development - books, blogs, exercise, challenges
○ Development practices - Test Driven Development (TDD), Acceptance Test Driven
Development (ATDD), refactoring, simple design, etc.
○ Testing tools - gtest, gmock, cucumber, robot
● Worked with management to define the organization’s principles and roll them out to teams
● Defined team-centric metrics to drive and measure process improvements
● Authored a tool to provide feedback to teams on commits with tests
● Refactored and facilitated ATDD and quality training
● Worked to improve cross-site/cross-cultural relationships within development organization
John Deere, Software Developer
January 2009 - February 2013, Des Moines, IA, US
Served as a developer, ScrumMaster and coach for a variety of teams in an enterprise agile organization.