Defense Information Systems Agency - Joint Interoperability Test Command, US CIAV Representative to CCJ2
August 2011 - Present, Indian Head, MD, United States
• Coordinate intelligence requirements to JITC/US CIAV leadership as it pertains to CIAV assessments
• Provide and coordinate updates to J2 leadership on ongoing ISR assessment efforts
• Provide and coordinate strategic level recommendations and documentation to the JITC/US CIAV and J2 regarding current and future resourcing for ongoing efforts
Cervello Technologies, CEO
August 2011 - Present, Land O Lakes, FL, United States
Chief Executive Officer
Business Development in the Department of Defense related to technology integration, information technology, and cyber.
US Central Command, Program/Project Manager
November 2005 - August 2011, MacDill AFB, FL, United States
• Provide guidance and direction to the Coalition Interoperability Assurance & Validation(CIAV) US group to assess Battlespace Management, C-IED, Joint Fires, and Intelligence, Surveillance, &Reconnaissance (ISR) systems in support of the Afghanistan mission.
• Coordinate and direct the creation and development of a Coalition Test and Evaluation Environment, securing $15 million in funding to acquire support from the Joint Interoperability Test Command.
• Coordinated and conducted limited experiments on technologies that met USCENTCOM IPL requirements.
• Translate CENTCOM needs into actionable program plans, review deliverables, provide feedback, and set requirements for 30 staff, reviewing weekly status reports.
• Develop system description designs and documentation in 10 months for an enterprise computing center used by over 20,000 staff in international security operations.
• Direct successful implementation of a coalition training environment, securing $100 million for initial funding and ensuring network service for deployers to speed location operations, saving 90 days per activation.
• Guide technical and operational activities of Secretary of Defense-mandated IPv6 migration.
• Promoted to design and implement integrated IT solutions, analyzing current systems and engineering innovative solutions that met CENTCOM and field requirements.
• Lead a team of 10 in streamlining IT operations and improving productivity through enhanced network management, increasing end-to-end visibility, reporting accuracy, prioritization, and communications.
• Evaluated 11 facets of IT operations (connectivity, network, satellite, fiber, systems, business process, ROI, administration, infrastructure, staff, C-level) to create improvements in procedures, products, and equipment.
• Engineered and implemented network management system for NIPRNET and SIPRNET WAN, reviewing engineering diagrams and documentation to ensure component and unit connectivity.
• Coordinated data collection and documentation necessary for network management system operations, mapping network and directing 15 technical experts in remediating equipment and data flow problems.
• Directed a team of 10 in systems engineering including design, planning, implementation, and project management.
• Optimized systems design, installation, administration, and technical support services for voice, data, video, and communications across platforms.
• Engineered on-site design, implementation, and administration of configuration management system, configuring and customizing software.
US Special Operations Command, Systems Engineer
June 2005 - October 2005, MacDill AFB, FL, United States
• Engineered and implemented system migration from legacy EMC Symmetrix 8000 series SAN system to new CX700 EMC SAN on the SOCOM SCI network in support of R&D for the intelligence mission
• Maximized the flawless migration of 30 terabytes of data without EMC migration services, saving $40,000
US Southern Command, Lead Staff Network Engineer
March 2003 - May 2005, Miami, FL, United States
• Implemented a Command and Control (C2) picture in support of intelligence operations for all coalition networks for SOUTHCOM
• Structured 20 network installation projects’ lifecycles, from inception and design to implementation and rollout.
• Supported 4 national sites remotely and via site visits, providing user support and resolving concerns.
• Installed, administered, and monitored SOUTHCOM H Network in response to the resignation of the host nation’s president until arrival of UN forces to establish intelligence operations and support
• Served as task lead for Anteon’s coalition enterprise and bilateral network’s CENTRIXS.
• Delivered voice-over Internet protocol (VoIP) utilizing Cisco CallManager 3.3(4) and 7900 series IP phones.
• Authored accreditation and technical documentation to ensure successful certification processes.
US Navy, Network Engineer/Systems Engineer
June 1997 - February 2003, Norfolk, VA, United States
• Administered Top Secret networks such as JWICS, Non-Secure IP Router Network (NIPRNET), and the Secret Internet Protocol Routed Network (SIPRNET).
• Built and deployed servers and workstations and installed video teleconferencing and T1 connections.
• At the Office of Naval Intelligence, travelled worldwide to install servers, workstations, communications circuits, and encryption technologies to ensure secure and uninterrupted connectivity in support of naval & marine intelligence operations.
• Directed system administration for 3 intelligence networks used by over 300 people at NSA Souda Bay, Crete, Greece