A goals-oriented Software Development Manager with entrepreneur spirit and a passion for technology innovation. A decade experience of software development spanning server frameworks, desktop applications, embedded systems, and web applications. Demonstrated leadership through building, mentoring and inspiring team to deliver successes. Strong ability to communicate effectively across business, engineering and operation.
- Adept at seeing the big picture and forming creative solutions.
- Proficient in development process customization.
- Highly focused on execution.
PlayNetwork, Redmond, WA
$70 million revenue in-store media provider for Starbucks, Gap, and 70,000+ retail locations.
Team Leader, Media Player and Infrastructure Development 2009 - Present
Lead the development of the new generation player product line and content distribution infrastructure. Manage day to day activities of the development team and conduct performance reviews. Hire and coach software developers. Manage hardware manufacture and software vendor relations.
Reaction Engineering International, Salt Lake City, UT
$10 million revenue engineering consulting company specialized in combustion simulation
Senior Software Engineer 2005 - 2009
Architect and lead developer for Computational Technology Group. Designed software architectures and developed server frameworks. Developed prototypes and wrote proposals. Coordinated development effort and managed progress for collaborators, remote team members and contractors.
Software Engineer 2001 - 2005
Developed desktop application and visualization software for Linux, Windows and cross-platform system. Designed and optimized high performance backend system for clusters.
- ·Languages - C/C++, Java, Python, C#.
- ·Operating systems - Linux, Windows, embedded systems, and cross-platform development.
- ·Frameworks - Django, J2EE, Spring, Hibernate, .NET, WPF
- ·Tools - GNU tools, Visual studio, revision control tools, project management tools, issue tracking tools
- ·Possess expertise in Linux customization and building Linux appliance
- ·Extensive experience in large scale parallel computation and heavy-loaded server optimization
- ·M.B.A. Technology Management, Foster School of Business, Univ. Washington, (June 2012)
- ·M.S. Computer Science, Utah State University, 2003 (Graduate fellowship, GPA 3.9)
- ·B.S. Computer Sci. & Eng., Zhejiang Univ., China, 2000 (Graduated with honors)
- ·CompTIA Project+ Certification
- ·ScrumAlliance ScrumMaster Certification