PeopleMatter, Quality Assurance Analyst II
June 2010 - Present, Charleston, SC, United States
• Testing based on the Scrum process to support Agile Methodology.
• Assist in development of business requirements.
• Assist in development of user interface design requirements.
• Tracking and maintaining defects within Team Foundation Server (TFS).
• Backend database testing using Microsoft SQL Server.
• iPad and minor mobile testing for client usability.
• Perform functional, integration, deployment, compatibility, regression, and performance testing as needed to deliver quality products to our customers.
• Understand software complexities to analyze potential problem areas.
• Identify and execute an appropriate amount of test coverage, including the creation and execution of test plans and test cases.
• Work with automation to create data sets and effectively increase test coverage and reduce test cycle time.
• Self-prioritize tasks and share knowledge with team members.
• Participate in bug triage and manage priority and criticality of outstanding issues.
• Monitor the workload of others by assigning appropriate tasks if necessary.
• Provides and receives directions to and from other team members by being available to answer questions and review others areas of responsibilities in the product.
• Collaborate across teams to evaluate and suggest improvements to the software development process.
• Collaborate with off shore teams to ensure Quality Assurance standards of products were being met based on requirements and need to clients.
• Demo presentations of product to key stakeholders and management after Scrum sprints when needed.
• Production support immediately following major production releases.
• Assisted in training of new QA hires to reduce ramp up time.
• Assisted in QA Training Manual for new developers and QA team members.
Winn Dixie, Quality Assurance Analyst I
June 2007 - November 2009, Jacksonville, FL, United States
• Test Lead for Winn-Dixie Stores Inc. related applications.
• Managing, setting up and testing projects from conception to completion.
• Assisting in development of Business Requirements when needed.
• Point of Sales (POS) Testing.
• IBM Websphere Portal Testing.
• Manual testing in conjunction with HP Quality Center.
• Testing rules against the business requirements.
• Report and track defects in conjunction with HP Quality Center.
• Create and maintain test cases per business requirements through HP Quality Center.
• Working directly with Business Analysts to discuss business requirements.
• Working directly with Application Developers to resolve application defects.
• Recording and running automated test scripts in conjunction with Quick Test Pro (QTP).
• Regression testing.
• Set up Winn-Dixie Stores Inc. business requirements in HP Quality Center.
• Set up Test Lab in HP Quality Center.
Kemper Auto and Home Insurance, Senior Software Tester
December 2005 - May 2007, Jacksonville, FL, United States
• Testing Right Price Web in conjunction with Mercury Quality Center.
• Testing rules against the Right Price Web application.
• Report and track defects against Right Price Web in conjunction with Mercury Quality Center.
• User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
• Follow up with developers to get issues and defects resolved.
• Follow up with testers to resolve and close issues.
• Run daily test case/ defect reports for management.
• Create test cases as per Kemper Insurance Business requirements through Mercury Quality Center.
• Running automated test case through Mercury Quality Center and Quick Test Pro (QTP) daily and checking for accuracy against Right Price Web.
• Debugging automated test cases through Quick Test Pro (QTP).