Highly effective leader and communicator with proven results, building strategic partnerships with internal and external stakeholders. A visionary people manager and thought leader who has planned and implemented enterprise corporate data strategy initiatives focused on creating business value through people, process and technology. Delivery of a compelling customer value proposition by delivering business value through enterprise IT.
Capital One, Agile & Innovation Portfolio Leader
February 1998 - Present, Richmond, VA, United States
Portfolio Director for Enterprise Data Services Card, Digital and Customer teams and program director for the Data Technology Strategy program. DTS is a multi-year software development Program that will seize the opportunities in the emerging technologies / big data revolution by implementing the first production Hadoop environments at Capital One, both on premise and in the cloud. Responsible for portfolio delivery, strategy, prioritization, and financial management of multi-year $65M Big Data program. People management responsibilities for over twenty-five scrum masters, project managers and process managers.
Portfolio Lead - Enterprise Data Services. Responsible for all program and portfolio delivery of data warehouse and business intelligence projects in Card, Digital, Emerging Technologies and Information Security. Implemented Agile Scrum and Kanban methodologies within the portfolio; accountable for effective data governance practices for the portfolio.
• Led Affiliate Data Sharing Program which addressed federal regulatory observations on lagging controls with access to legal affiliate customer NPI and Credit information. This mitigated risks of regulatory fines of over $1M and mitigated risk to Corporate Brand and Reputation.
Led the ING Direct Data Workstream Integration Portfolio, including Legal Affiliate consolidation, completed 11/1/2012 as a Senior Manager and overall initial savings are estimated at $5 billion in year 1 with estimated $1 billion annual savings thereafter.
• Strengthened IT Strategy development for project delivery; integration with Enterprise Architecture and Risk Management organizations to assure solutions align with Architectural roadmaps and long-term vision.
• Established effective budget and cost management practices and controls for managing $11.6M portfolio budget
Agile Coach & Scrum Master
Recruited to build and lead one of four core Scrum Teams for Enterprise Data Services Bank Data Warehouse implementation. Led scope, schedule, and budget development and Backlog Planning business prioritization initiatives. Facilitated daily stand-up meetings with core team, maintaining the burn down and tracked overall team velocity. As Agile Coach, worked with multiple teams to educate others on processes; facilitated project retrospective meetings and led process improvement sessions for IT, Business and Data Stewardship.
• Successfully delivered key process documents including detailed mappings to approvals on key project artifacts which drove significant reduction in audit compliance findings.
• Led transition to Kanban Agile delivery methodologies for the DevOps teams post initial implementation to address enhancements and defect management