Nike, Agile Leader/Sr. Program Delivery Mgr.
March 2015 - Present, Beaverton, Oregon, US
• Keep practicing Agile Methodologies as an Agile Coach, Scrum Master and Product Owner across Teams as needed.
• Engage in both center-led initiatives & provide specific support for Sr. Leaders in charge of all Quality & Continuous Delivery management for Nike Consumer Digital entire portfolio of technologies
• Build an Agile-DevOps Delivery shop to increase productivity & improve business performance to enable all Nike Consumer Digital Technology teams to deliver technology fast
• I'm responsible for scaling a Poly-skilled Agile-DevOps Model & Continuous Delivery strategy by leading & implementing our technology business platforms across Nike Digital Technology
• Maintain ownership of the delivery of critical strategic programs that enable superior maintainability, reliability & scalability
• Be a Servant Leader & foster collaboration, visibility & faster feedback within teams of engineers, managers, directors & executive leadership to improve communication by adopting & practicing Agile Best Practices at the Portfolio, Program and Team levels
• Coach, Train, Lead & Empower Engineering Directors, Tech Leads, Program Managers & teams through all phases of the Agile processes to be better at reducing time to deploying high quality software
• Evangelize best practices of Agile-DevOps delivery principles to establish a foundation to become our own Agile brand by applying a combination of Agile Methodologies, Continuous Delivery & SAFe
• Continuously build & retain a competitive culture of full-stack engineers & set each person & the collective team up for success to keep our environment uniquely innovative & recruitment score high.
• Drive development of key strategic deliverables through high-impact, executive level, presentations, email and data driven reports
• Deliver a world-class metrics infrastructure to report team health using Agile Methodologies
• Build a world-class Agile-DevOps infrastructure to help 200+ teams increase productivity
Extensis, Sr. Agile Transformation Leader/Agile Delivery Manager
March 2014 - April 2015, Portland, Oregon, US
I am the Sr. Agile Coach/Scrum Trainer at Extensis.
I am Responsible for making decisions for the direction of the development environment and the migration to scrum Agile practices--in addition to transforming the entire organization from an engineering driven organization to an Agile Product Development Shop. I use scrum to coach, train and to build high performing teams to help the organization become more stable and predictable at delivering complex software on-time, on-budget and on-quality.
Nike, Sr. Agile Project Manager/Scrum Coach
January 2013 - January 2014, Portland, Oregon, US
• Define tools & processes to support overall organizational excellence in Agile program/project management & process definition.
• Vision & Strategy: Develops vision, strategy & deliverables of the large international Program.
• Implement & Lead the daily Scrum of Scrums & Meta Scrums, while Coaching Agile teams to improve the Scrum framework adoption across the organization
• Build & establish High Performing Scrum Teams throughout the Nike+ Digital Sport organization
• Mentor a committee of Scrum Masters to effectively go out & deputize Agile/Scrum principles & rules to their teams to help them reach their maximum potential
• Ensures program is aligned with business strategies & budgets.
• Owns the business case for the Program, establishes & maintains cross functional & regional coordination.
• Organization, Planning & Execution: Maintains ultimate responsibility regarding program objectives operating within financial & resource constraints; Manages project dependencies within the program & builds the program team.
• Project Management Support: Ensures proper Agile Project Management staffing for all projects within the program; helps develop project objectives & project scope.
• Act as an escalation point for project issues that impact projects’ cost, schedule &/or performance. Chairs program steering committee meetings.
• Perform daily Scrum Master duties for cross-discipline Scrum delivery teams--running Scrum meetings, clearing obstacles, optimizing practices & maximizing performance
• Work with Program Managers, Engineering Directors, Product Owners & other technical & business disciplines in a matrixed organization to clear obstacles for Scrum teams
• Manage & augment existing Scrum data collection, modeling & reporting systems, including sprint goals, daily burndown, sprint actuals
• Evangelize Scrum & advance Agile capability within Digital Sport
• Manage expectations & risk by leveraging agile tools including information radiators, short frequent iterations, measuring results & continuous improvement
• Enable delivery of world-class consumer-facing web, mobile, device experiences across development teams, business sponsors, & creative agencies
ESPN, Sr. Agile Project Manager/Scrum Master
October 2012 - January 2013, Bristol, Connecticut, US
• Coach & Lead multiple Technology Scrum teams using Agile/Scrum Principles
• Manage all aspects of Project & small Programs up to $5M, regardless of type, from Initiation through Closure, requiring little direction
• Plan, coordinate & directs all activities associated with developing project plans, communication plans, project schedules, etc. in accordance with ESPN Project Management & Software Development Life Cycles
• Build a team where all members & points of view are respected and roles are define within scope of Scrum. Evangelize Agile/Scrum/Scrumban/Kanban & Lean methodologies
• Responsible for the overall performance of the team and project deliverables
Sudoxe Enterprises Ghana, Ltd, Agile Project Director/Scrum Coach
January 2010 - August 2012, Accra, Ghana, GH
• Oversee development of Mobile Purchasing Platforms and E-Commerce Website to sell & distribute food products throughout West African Countries – “30 month Project Assignment”
Gorilla Nation Media, Project Manager/Scrum Master
November 2007 - November 2008, Los Angeles, California, US
• Build & Lead a diverse cross-functional scrum team of technology developers & designers using Ruby, Flash, Java, J2ME, Action Script to deliver Web apps,
• Lead & organize project planning, daily stand-up meetings, retrospectives, sprint & release planning, demos & other Scrum-related meetings
• Lead & direct the work of internet marketing team including cross-functional IT collaboration