Matrix Resources, Agile Coach
October 2016 - Present, , US
• Striving to inspire others, at every level of the organization, to embrace a culture shift from command and control to one of team empowerment, honesty, and continuous learning and improvement
• Composing and delivering training to senior leadership on the advantages of embracing Agile principles to increase a product’s speed to market while understanding the challenges that employing agile introduces across the organization
• Devising a roadmap to move the Crew portfolio which creates software for pilots, flight attendants, and crew schedulers, toward agility
• Training teams in Lean Agile Principles with a focus on Scrum and Kanban
• Launching Agile teams and embedding myself in them as a coach to guide them in delivering working software to business stakeholders at regular intervals
• Identifying, training, and coaching product owners and scrum masters as well as spearheading and hosting the Product Owner Community of Practice
• Participating on a team that is creating the charter for the Delta Agile Center of Excellence to provide leadership and guidance to the organization on its journey toward agility
McKesson, Senior Product Owner
April 2015 - October 2016, , US
• Provided training classes, mentorship, and coaching to business analysts and product owners on how to scope features, write effective use stories, manage competing priorities, and how to rank and maintain backlogs
• Introduced the concept of vertical story slicing to my teams and coached them on how to decompose stories to deliver business value in an iterative and incremental manner
• Expressed Agile values and principles to my teams and my colleagues in an effort to create an environment of learning and continuous improvement
• Partnered with product management to prepare roadmaps for program increments; wrote and explained user stories, and accepted them when they met our definition of done.
• Helped Product Managers understand team capacity as well as the effort involved in any feature requests and provided options for meeting program increment objectives
• Guided teams through SAFe planning as well as provided the read out for my teams at planning
• Demonstrated product functionality on a bi-weekly basis to the organization
Thoughtworks, Senior Consultant
April 2013 - October 2014, , US
• Worked with product owners, developers, user experience designers, and quality assurance analysts to define and implement requirements for talent acquisition, human resource management, and travel software
• Assisted iteration manager (scrum master), product owner, and development team is phasing work in order to optimize value for customers while taking into account technical and resource constraints
• Provided consulting to team on Agile software development principles and values
Cox Digital Exchange, Iteration Manager and Business Analyst
May 2012 - December 2012, Atlanta, GA, US
Served as a business analyst as well as Iteration Manager for one scrum team.
PeopleMatter, Product Owner
April 2010 - January 2012, North Charleston, SC, US
• Served as a consultant on requirements gathering and usage of Agile software development methodology for talent management software. While at PeopleMatter, I:
o Worked with executive leadership to craft the product roadmap.
o Built the backlog from the ground up which included defining large feature sets and writing user stories.
o Supplied nine Scrum teams in Charleston, Atlanta, and Argentina with user stories and guided them through the explanation of the business value to final delivery.
o Groomed and force ranked the backlog; worked with development team to properly phase work
o Created high level designs and collaborated with our talented design team to devise intuitive interfaces for our customers.
o Socialized product direction with executive management, sales, and technical support teams.
o Monitored burn down chart to ensure that sprints were proceeding successfully and removed obstacles for the team when necessary.
o Hosted sprint planning meetings and retrospectives.