Andrew Young is a results-oriented leader with a proven track record for leading cutting-edge software and technical IT initiatives. An energetic project manager who is not satisfied with just “getting the job done” and always strives to deliver the “WOW” factor. Strengths include Program Management, Project Management, Software Development, Scrum Implementation, Risk and Quality Management.
Woodbine Entertainment Group, Senior Development Manager
September 2014 - Present, Toronto, Ontario, CA
Managed the Software Development group for WEG.
Vital Insights , Senior Development Manager
July 2013 - April 2014, Mississauga, Ontario, CA
Managed the Foresight Customization group. Performed CSM duties, implemented and trained Scrum to the development teams
Livingston International, Development Manager
October 2012 - June 2013, Mississauga, Ontario, CA
Managed the US Development group
RP Graphics Group, Senior Director of IT
May 2011 - November 2012, MIssissauga, Ontario, CA
• Managed a team of seven software development, project management and infrastructure staff.
• Managed the development of promotional websites to support the marketing campaigns of RP Graphics’ clients.
• Managed RP Graphics’s infrastructure, desktops and servers including Lifecycle management.
• Managed Software License and Hardware maintenance agreements.
• Prepared budgets and staff development plans, including P&L responsibilities.
• Managed the IT Help Desk and Implemented ITIL practices to improve IT Service Management.
• Managed IT user and Corporate security policies, including compliance with PIPEDA.
• Managed cross functional teams to successfully drive company-wide critical initiatives by employing sounded Project Management principles.
• Managed and negotiated with external hardware and software Vendors.
• Managed all RP’s telecommunications systems, including Wireless and VOIP.
• Successfully grew and reorganized the IT team to respond to demand for its services that resulted in shorter turn response times. Mentored and coached team members to improve their soft and technical skills.