SunPower Corporation, Scrum Master/Project Manager
April 2013 - Present, Austin, Tx, United States
Scrum Master At SunPower Corporation
EPS Software Corp, Business Analyst/ Scrum Master
December 2012 - Present, Houston, Texas, United States
• Serve as coach to help guide the team on how best to use Agile/Scrum Practices such as Pair Programming, Kanban boards, INVEST model and other tools needed to deliver quality software.
• Help the team in its self organizing quest by removing impediments, facilitating discussion, decision making and resolving conflict.
• Provide an interactive environment for the team to suggest ideas, and work through problems with a view at solving problems as a team.
• Act as Servant leader making sure the team is comfortable, and ensuring external influence doesn't affect the work of the team for each sprint.
• Create a high level Mind Map breakdown of the project, with detailed breakdown of the items in the current sprint.
• Create user stories / use cases for requirements with matching acceptance criteria.
• Conduct group meeting with the developers to talk out the items, put estimates on them and assign tasks to developers.
• Document project process, User Stories, Use Case, Bugs, Task, Work Item, and necessary documentation detailing how features work
• Create a Sprint Summary spreadsheet with Task, Title, Assigned To, Estimated Time, Completed for each sprint
• Verify that program functions according to business requirements gathered, using testing tools to ensure acceptance criteria is met.
• Function as Scrum Master/Product Owner working with the team to give appropriate estimates on product backlog items, remove impediment, ensuring the team is comfortable and sprints are completed on time.
Hardeysolutions, Scrum Master/Analyst
November 2009 - Present, Houston, Texas, United States
• Produced prototypes, wireframes, mockups, for website and mobile apps based on stakeholder requirements.
• Worked with the QA team to coordinate User Acceptance Testing (UAT) from strategy to signoff using tools such as Quality Center.
• Served as product owner on projects writing User stories, working with scrum team and ensuring demo's are well reviewed before presentation.
• Coordinated review of the Project Vision, Road Map, Release plan, Product Backlog with the scrum team to have a clear idea of the project details.
• Function as Scrum Master working with the team to give appropriate estimates on product backlog items, remove impediment, ensuring the team is comfortable and sprints are completed on time.
• Facilitated Sprint planning, Sprint retrospective, Sprint planning review & Sprint demo for stakeholders.
Wayne Fueling System, Scrum Master
March 2015 - August 2015, Austin, Texas, United States
Wayne Fueling Systems a former subsidiary of GE Oil and Energy designs, manufactures, and delivers fueling systems worldwide for downstream energy companies. The systems include fueling dispensers, and Point of Sale systems.
Wayne Fueling Systems.
Projects: Mobile Payment Loyalty for Exxon Mobil, Chevron CVX, First Data connection, Plenti Rewards
Document Team Impediments when reported and make sure they are addressed as soon as possible
Coach Scrum master and product owner on writing user stories and assigning business value to them
Track how team is getting close to the sprint goals and guide discussions around adjustments to the team’s committed plan.
Facilitate Sprint Planning sessions
Document team definition of done and review best practices with the team ensuring criteria such as change tracking, automated acceptance and regression tests, revision control, code reviews and technical best practices are adhered to.
Work with the team to formulate a plan for demos prior to meeting time.
Create an agenda for Sprint Review/ Demo Meetings
Facilitate Stakeholder Question and Answer session.
Protect the team from external interruptions from stakeholders or management.
Track and Communicate sprint status with management and other corporate stakeholders
Support product owner, the team by understanding the product vision.
Help team with proper story sizing, and estimation process.
Coach the team and product owner on Agile processes to ensure team is continually improving
Coordinate Scrum of Scrums with other teams.
Participated in the Agile/Scrum Community of Practice to introduce and continually improve agile processes within the organization.
Coordinate Agile ceremonies like sprint planning, sprint reviews, daily scrums, Sprint retrospectives, and other needed meetings to help the team deliver.