Mayo Clinic, Agile Dev Coach
March 2014 - Present, Rochester, MN, US
• Work with five teams; coaching/mentoring developers to use TFS and adopt agile methodologies.
• Advise teams and managers on Agile/Scrum best practices, reporting, planning and mentorship transitioning the team from Storm to Norm and eventually to the Perform level.
• Member of the enterprise ALM committee; assess and recommend tools for Continuous Integration/Deployment, and Release management.
• Help/Coach teams adopt SDLC/ALM best practices.
• Administer TFS build controllers.
• Create Continuous Integration/Deployment build scripts for .NET, Java and MEAN stack solutions/ web services.
• Coach, train and mentor developers as take ownership of build scripts.
• Coach, train and mentor DBAs on DB design/development best practices and to take ownership of DB CI/CD builds.
• Lead the configurations and releases management effort.
• Coach, train and mentor the release manager on release management best practices and tools.
• Work with QA teams on assessing MS Test Manager (MTM) and comparing it with HP QC and QTP.
• Work with the Elastic Search team to implement continuous Integration and Deployment strategies.
Thomson Reuters, Integration Architect
April 2012 - January 2014, Eagan, MN, US
• Was the backup Scrum Master. Ran Scrum meetings etc...
• As a member of the Proof Of Concepts team; test and validate new technologies; start new projects; architect/design and integrate the new system until the handover to the new product owners. A couple of examples of technologies researched are semantic engines such as Apache Stanbol and Hadoop.
• Refactored Java spring web services spinning features to new web services for scalability and maintenance. Handed over new projects to and worked with designated teams until the first internal release.
• Working across multiple verticals/stacks to integrate content into the new WestlawNext.com website.
• Propose/present architectural/design/refactoring changes into large data/content publishing suite of systems.
• Advise the team on Agile/Scrum best practices, reporting, planning and mentorship transitioning the team from Norm to the Perform level.
• Performed code reviews.
3M, Team Lead
January 2011 - March 2012, Saint Paul, Minnesota, US
• Advises 3M Digital Marketing System® team on architecture and design for the distributed digital marketing/content management solution for the brick-and-mortar industries.
• Leads one of the hybrid/distributed development teams playing the team delivery manager/Scrum Master role. Advices other teams on Agile/Scrum practices.
• Set code standards, perform code reviews and define SDLC processes.
• Develops middle tier components and web services.
• Technology: (C#, .NET 4, WCF, XML, XAML, Visual Studio 10, TFS, SQL Server 2008).
Medtronic, Sr Mobility Consultant
August 2010 - December 2010, Minneapolis, Minnesota, US
• Worked in Scrum environment on the ITR iFactr®-based cross-platform RESTful Medtronic mStar® system, an agent sales and device registration tool that runs natively on iPhone/iPad, Droid phones, mobile web, Windows and Web.
• Participated in the cross-platform mobile architecture. Built RESTful web Services.
• Technology: (C#, .NET 3.5, WCF, LINQ, XML, XAML, Visual Studio 10, Mono Touch/MonoDevelop, Devart Entity Developer, Oracle, Toad, Subversion, NUnit, Windows 7 and Mac OSx).
Carlson Wagonlit Travel, Consultant/Agile Advisor
May 2010 - August 2010, Minneapolis, Minnesota, US
• Consulted the ScrumMaster and the scrum-self-taught team as they transition to Scrum. Provided input and advice around the SDLC process.
• MVP architecture and development on multiple projects including but not limited to Policy Messenger website. The system informs clients and travel agents with any violations to their travel policy.
• Technology: (C#, ASP.NET, .NET 4.0, XML/XSD, LINQ, SQL Server 8, T-SQL, Oracle PL-SQL, Visual Studio 10, Subversion, NUnit, NCover, MSBuild, Telerik controls).
RCIS, Wells Fargo company, Sr. Consultant/Information Architect/Agile Agent
May 2008 - May 2010, Minneapolis, Minnesota, US
• Provided input and advice for the in-house agile boot camp team. Help prepare training material and practice sessions.
• Mentored pilot-team members as they adopt Agile. Seed other team with seasoned members to cultivate and promote the agile culture.
• Worked with business analysts to review and assess business requirements.
• Helped planning releases and iterations defining stories, tasks and estimates.
• Designed and implemented the charting module of RCIS’ intuitive quoting system. The state-of-the-art quoting system increase agents’ sales power allowing RCIS to maintain its position as the nation-wide leader in the crop insurance industry.
• Worked with the Usability group to run usability experiments and improve customer experience. Integrated NUnit tests into the automated build process. (MVP, OOD, SOA, UML, web services, Winforms, VB.NET, XML/XSD, SQL Server 5, T-SQL, Visual Studio 8, SourceSafe, NUnit, NCover, Ant, Visustin, FxCop, TFS, Infragestic charts/controls)
• Prototyped proof of concepts as part of the initial proposal to the business team.
• Performed architecture and code reviews, performance analysis and optimization.
• Helped define the proper matrixes to benchmark development progress.