Visa, Inc, Sr. Director, Portfolio Management
September 2015 - Present, Foster City, CA, United States
Portfolio Management for Online payment platform
Yahoo!, Inc, Senior Program Manager
October 2011 - September 2015, Santa Clara, CA, United States
A leading global brand that creates deeply personal digital experiences using technology, insights based on data, and intuition to bring together personally relevant content and experiences from across the Web. It gives consumer across the globe simple, trusted ways to connect with the people, communities, topics, and trends that matter to them most. The business focus is on creating a content, communications, and community platform that delivers rich consumer experiences and advertising solutions across all digital screens. It attracts 700 million unique consumers every month in more than 30 languages — making it one of the most visited and most trusted Internet destinations; around 13100 employees and $7 billion revenues, www.yahoo.com
Senior Program Manager (Engineering and Product Development)
• Spearhead, Coach and Mentor Agile / Scrum / Kanban engineering practices to ScrumMasters, Product Owners and Scrum teams, to turn around Engineering and Product Development in to self-organized, high performing teams to produce substantially predictable and high quality results
• Streamline Program and Release Management Processes for entire suite of products to increase efficiency, better fault tolerance, quality, repeatability and consistency.
• Reduce communication channels and chaos substantially by serving as conduit among VPs, Business and Product Management, Development / QA, Technical Operations and Product Support to maintain full roadmap of prioritized enhancements and proposals and proactively identify risks and areas for Technical Operations process improvement, driving issues to resolution.
Lyris Technologies, Inc, Engineering Program Manager
August 2010 - October 2011, Emeryville, CA, United States
Provider of Web-based Email Marketing and Web Analytics solutions that helps customers strategically promote their products globally and reap incredible results; more than 250 employees and $45 million, www.lyris.com
Engineering Program Manager
• Spearheaded Implementation of Agile / SCRUM / KANBAN engineering practices to turn around Engineering in to self-organized, high performing teams to produce substantially better results
• Streamlined Release Management Program for the entire suite of products to increase efficiency, better fault tolerance, repeatability and consistency.
• Transformed multiple products in to internationalized versions with Localization in Spanish and Portuguese and flexibility to add as many new languages as possible with minimal efforts.
• Managed Interdependent releases for the entire portfolio of products end to end
StarCITE, Inc, Technical Project Manager
October 2005 - August 2010, San Jose, CA, United States
Provider of Web-based solutions that help buyers and suppliers strategically manage corporate meetings and events; more than 300 employees and $47 million, www.starcite.com
Technical Project Manager, Adoption Management, 2008 to Present
Engineering Program Manager, 2006 to 2007
Senior Software Analyst, Engineering, 2005 to 2006
- Added $5 million in revenue streams by managing single sign-on program for seamless access to system from client Intranet portal that led to more adoption of tool in client organization.
- Produced $7 million by driving partnership programs with American Express that prompted further adoption of budget modules in the application,
- Reduced communication channels and chaos substantially by serving as conduit among VPs, Business and Product Management, Development / QA, and Technical Operations to maintain full pipeline of prioritized enhancements and proposals and proactively identify risks and areas for Technical Operations process improvement, driving issues to resolution.
- Satisfied customers and strategically moved firm ahead of competition by developing leaner processes faster, and with better QA, fail fast mechanism, agility, predictability, and turnaround times through evangelizing Agile concept and changing end-to-end cycle of all products from Waterfall to Agile/SCRUM methodology.
- Delivered flagship releases and projects for past 5 years, 98% of which came in on time, on budget, and with the required quality.
- Improved efficiency, predictability, visibility, and quality of product release during waterfall-Agile conversion by piloting and learning from an earlier Agile methodology project.
- Earned The Pegasus Award in recognition of exceptional performance, StarCITE, Inc., 2009.
- Managed co-located / remote teams of six to nine in Silicon Valley, on the East Coast, in other U.S. locales, and in Asia. Set up Program Management Office (PMO) with four program managers.
- Manage program on multiple, complex, SaaS-based products (interwoven with algorithms) related to Meetings Marketplace, Spend Management, Attendee Management, RFP Management, and Content Management (CMS) projects.
- Support business sustainability by providing solid future initiatives on the shoulders of consistent achievement of business objectives.