Date: 31 May - 1 June, 2017
Location: St Louis, MO, United States of America
Regular Price: 1199
Receive your Scrum Product Owner Certification (CSPO) from the most experienced Scrum trainers in the Midwest
“I felt lucky to attend a class from such a skilled, knowledgeable instructor.”
Learn from someone with actual Product Management experience and profit accountability for multiple businesses. Lowell is one of just a few Certified Scrum Trainers that has actually been a Product Manager.
Certified Scrum Product Owner® professionals have been taught the Scrum terminology, practices, and principles that enable them to fulfill the role of Product Owner on a Scrum team. CSPOs are typically the individuals who are closest to the “business side” of the project. They are charged by the organization to “get the product out” and are expected to do the best possible job of satisfying all the stakeholders.
This course will help you understand how Scrum works by focusing on your role as the Product Owner, or customer, for a Scrum team. Topics that are covered include managing stakeholders, ROI, backlog grooming, creating effective user stories, acceptance criteria for user stories, and defining “Done.”
Your Instructor: Lowell Lindstrom
No other Agile or Scrum instructor can match Lowell’s credentials:
- 30+ years software development industry experience
- Launched XP Immersion, the industry’s first agile training course, in 1999
- Authored the industry’s first agile business course in 2000
- Created the industry’s first Agile Transformation service offering in 2000
- Organized XP Universe, the first Agile conference in the US, in 2001
- Co-Author of the Declaration of Interdependence and co-founder of the Agile Leadership Network in 2005
- Certified Scrum Trainer (certified by Ken Schwaber) since 2005
- Managing Director of the Scrum Alliance in 2009-10
- Services Executive for VersionOne (leading agile platform) 2013-2016
Lowell’s students have gone on the become successful leaders in the Agile community and of their companies, including:
- Co-founder of Scaled Agile, Inc.
- Co-Founder of the Agile Marketing Association
- Hundreds of successful agile coaches
- CTO’s and other executives of successful agile companies
Though each CSPO course varies depending on the instructor, all Certified Scrum Product Owner® courses focus on Scrum from a product owner's perspective. Graduates will receive the CSPO designation. All CSPO courses are taught by Trainers approved by the Scrum Alliance.