Date: 23-24 September, 2013
Location: Herndon, VA, United States
Regular Price: $1295.00
Join agile consultant, entrepreneur and trainer Arlen Bankston for a Certified Scrum Product Owner Course consistently rated as a 5 on a 1-5 scale by students.
This two-day Scrum Product Owner Certification Training will prepare participants for mastering the most difficult role in Scrum, taught by seasoned experts. Based on broad real-world experience, LitheSpeed’s training also brings in elements of the Lean Startup® approach that has been adopted by many companies large and small across the world. This approach provides tested and practical techniques for data-based iterative product management within Scrum. The class also delves into best practices for applying Scrum in environments like the government and large enterprises, as well as in smaller teams and organizations such as non-profits.
During two days of invigorating exercises, videos, discussions and lecture, you’ll learn and experience Scrum and Agile fundamentals from the Product Owner’s perspective, along with critical skills such as:
- Articulating clear visions with measurable business objectives – Practice both Lean Six Sigma and Lean Startup® techniques such as the Lean Canvas
- Describing and prioritizing stakeholders' needs – Practice techniques from agile user-experienced design such as personas, and customer development methods from the Lean Startup
- Prioritizing methods for new product development, maintenance and non-software work – Learn to prioritize by product, customer and market risk, cost of delay and more
- Planning releases and sprints – Practice advanced techniques like story mapping and visual management systems for programs
- Tracking and reporting progress robustly and efficiently, using quantitative techniques from lean and Lean Startup® such as “pirate metrics”
- Scaling Scrum to program-level efforts – Experience proven approaches like LitheSpeed’s portfolio alignment wall, and learn about the Scaled Agile Framework
- Blending Scrum with Kanban and other lean methods for broader organizational integration – Learn from kanban early adopters, and see real-world case studies
- Managing operations, infrastructure and maintenance work using Scrum and Kanban
- Generating strong working relationships with development teams – Practice behavioral psychology and improvisational acting techniques
Exercises, case studies, and examples are interwoven throughout the course to illustrate the principles being taught. We'll review personal case studies of how the trainer helped companies use Scrum on projects and organizations ranging from 5 to 5,000 people, and participants will have the chance to raise and discuss their own situations, providing one of the most targeted training experiences available.
Early Bird*: $1,095
(*Register 60+ days early)
Attendees Will Receive
We go well beyond the basics, providing everything attendees need to put their new skills to use immediately, as well as ongoing self-learning material.
- Scrum training materials and Scrum management software
- A free trial of Sensei, a retrospective tool
- Listing as Certified Product Owners on the Scrum Alliance website
- 2-year membership in the Scrum Alliance
- Discount on Sanjiv Augustine's book, Managing Agile Projects
- Lunch, snacks and beverages
Group Discount — For multiple attendees from one organization at the same class: 20% for 3-4 people, 25% for 5-6 people, 30% for 7-9 people, 35% for 10+ people
Hardship Discount (40%) — If you're between jobs and have been unemployed for at least 2 months.
Individual discount (20%) — If you're paying on your own, without employer assistance.
PMI or ALN membership discount (15%) — For members of these organizations.
Click here to request a discount code.
Note: We have a limited number of hardship and individual discounts available for each course, and our early bird discount cannot be combined with any other offer.
About the Instructor
Arlen Bankston was an early leader in blending UX with Agile, then Lean with Agile, with 15 years of Agile experience, starting with XP and subsequent adoption of Scrum, Kanban and other methods. He's coached and consulted from the team to the enterprise level at companies of all stripes, including more than 5,000 students in Certified ScrumMaster and Certified Scrum Product Owner courses and agile adoptions at over 100 companies, both in the private and public sectors, and industries ranging from financial services to video game development.
He's been presenting on Agile and leading Scrum training for 12 of those years, with appearances at most of the major agile conferences including both ADP conferences, Agile DC, and the Atlanta Scrum Gathering. As a Certified Scrum Trainer (CST) and Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt, Arlen has trained thousands of students.
All LitheSpeed trainers are also practicing agile consultants.
For a more comprehensive approach that increases your organization's chances for success, consider combining training with consulting offerings such as:
Our training and consulting practices are backed by more than a decade of experience leading agile transformations.
Learn more about our other training and agile consulting services at LitheSpeed.com.
Though each CSPO course varies depending on the instructor, all Certified Scrum Product OwnerÂ® courses focus on Scrum from a product owner's perspective. Graduates will receive the CSPO designation. All CSPO course are taught by Certified Scrum Trainers.