Date: 20-21 November, 2014
Location: Boston, MA, United States
Regular Price: $2,000
The Product Owner is critical to the success of any Scrum project, yet the role is generally considered to be the most challenging one in Scrum. A Product Owner holds primary responsibility for success in the marketplace, and as such a successful Product Owner must:
- Be knowledgeable, available, decisive and accountable
- -Knowledgeable about the customer and product
- -Available to the team to clarify goals and desired output
- -Able to make decisive decisions to keep the team moving ahead
- -Accountable for the commercial success of the product
- Share and maintain a compelling product vision
- Build a ready Product Backlog
- -Spend half the time with customers, sales, and marketing.
- -Spend the other half working closely with team clarifying specifications
- -Maintain the release plan and strategy
Through a combination of class exercises, case studies, and Q&A our CSPO course does more than prepare students for certification – it gives them the tools for success. Students will learn how to assess business value; how to prioritize features, projects, and portfolios; and how to return real revenue with the product backlog. Download the class syllabus for a more detailed look at the curriculum: ScrumInc CSPO syllabus
PDUs/SEUs: This course counts as 16 PMI PDUs (Professional Development Units) and 16 of the 21 contact hours needed for the PMI-Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) certification. This course provides 16 SEUs (Scrum Educational Units) of the 70 needed for the Certified Scrum Professional (CSP) certification.
Though each CSPO course varies depending on the instructor, all Certified Scrum Product Owner® courses focus on Scrum from a product owner's perspective. Graduates will receive the CSPO designation. All CSPO courses are taught by Certified Scrum Trainers.